a little free piece for my cousin

heppnerguy

A little while back my cousin sent me an email and asked me to make her a couple of sea gulls for her wall. I asked if anyone knew of a pattern and someone pointed out that there was one in a Judy Gale Roberts book, which I just happen to own. so I looked it up and made a couple for her with the instructions that she NOT pay me for them because I enjoy making things for family if they are for person use. She sent me $75 for them. I really did not like the pattern very well but it was all that I could find. So as I was going through the internet I found a pattern that I had in mind and I made that for her yesterday and I will be sending it to her this afternoon. I did not have the wood that I really wanted to use but I usually use what ever is on my wood rack unless it is something that I am making for someone and the price I am charging is worthy of the extra cost to me. I try to sell my things cheap enough that anyone could afford to purchase the item at the lowest price I can offer it for. So here is the photo of the latest piece I am mailing her today. If I was making it again, I would make the eye smaller.

Dick

heppnerguy

post-2238-0-83606200-1423683999_thumb.png

Hello Dick. I can't say I like seagulls, sea rats we call them here, but yours is beautiful, a superb job of cutting. I'm beginning to like seagulls now. Very nice Dick. It was also nice to see you met Paul and his dear lady, that must have been a fun day. Oh! and your cousin will be well pleased with her gift.

Rob Roy. 

Edited by Rob Roy

Sea Rats ,are a welcome sight when you have been to  sea for 3-4 months ,usually first sign of land ! Other wise I have to agree !

Hi Carl, a very good friend of mine spent  22 years in the navy.He liked sea gulls too, due to the fact he was in nuclear subs and spent 3 to 4 months at sea on every trip. So you can imagine he was VERY happy to see the gulls, (and the Ladies). :D  :D .

Rob Roy.