Latest portrait of Mom

artmill

post-2328-0-81477000-1424020229_thumb.jpg 

This latest portrait was my toughest yet, 320 holes in this one. I started with a Spiral then went with flat blades because the spiral was too much for some of the more delicate areas like the eyes. I stack cut 7 pieces of 1/8 BB. I used gimp to create the pattern. 

Edited by artmill

One of the best patterned and cut around.Your going to be quite an asset to the club now!Your a rare breed ,quick learner ,I'm very impressed with your work here! Terrific cutting also with the infamous spirals .You don't let things slow you down!Your a mover and a shaker! Git er done!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thank you for the kind words. I have found that the challenge when doing portrait patterns is the actual photo, the older the photo (and  i'm talking 10 yrs or more) the more difficult it is to get the shadowing correct, this is what gives the pattern life. You have to decide how much detail to give the portrait and I have found that sometimes less is more.

Thanks again

Art