quick something to shake the rust off

amazingkevin

Too many ,way to many things are getting attention except my saw.I forced myself to stop and scroll something ,like it or like it,lol. I really love the feather.And then the cat one is patterned buy the one and only one in the village that can say "now you see me ,now you don't " "The phantom" I modified it slightly to keep my drill holes down ,And the "Suzanne is an old one i did but just freshly painted as i see her tomorrow when i see the doc.post-1607-0-06645100-1424222851_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-72425500-1424222923_thumb.jpgpost-1607-0-32898200-1424223118_thumb.jpg all are 3/4" plywood cut with a scroll reverse #7 blade

Edited by amazingkevin

Nice clean cut pieces. :thumbs:

Glad you got around to making the feather! What blade did you use to cut that? Brand, #, etc..

i started with a scroll reverse #12  from  to go close around te feather and then dropped down to a scrollreverse #7 for all the detailed cuts.Thanks for the pattern ,i just got to busy to get to it.Mike's Workshop selling Flying Dutchman brand fret and... mikes blades were used.

i started with a scroll reverse #12  from  to go close around te feather and then dropped down to a scrollreverse #7 for all the detailed cuts.Thanks for the pattern ,i just got to busy to get to it.Mike's Workshop selling Flying Dutchman brand fret and... mikes blades were used.

I ordered some Flying Dutchmen Blades a few days ago, very excited for them to get here. After I try them out I will have to order more. I just ordered three types, and they are all smaller ones. Seems like having a few of the bigger ones would be nice too.

And no problem, glad you were able to cut it.

All my life what ever i did i tryed to have all the necessary tools on hand. I did all trades plus handyman,tradesman stuff .If i couldn't do something one way i had 5 other ways i could get the job done with 3.5 tons of tools on the job in the step van .Scrollings the same thing .I have every blade, all sizes, for metal ,plastic, wood, etc .If i didn't i would have lost some jobs. At 30 cents a blade why scrimp,lol

I ordered some Flying Dutchmen Blades a few days ago, very excited for them to get here. After I try them out I will have to order more. I just ordered three types, and they are all smaller ones. Seems like having a few of the bigger ones would be nice too.

And no problem, glad you were able to cut it.

All my life what ever i did i tryed to have all the necessary tools on hand. I did all trades plus handyman,tradesman stuff .If i couldn't do something one way i had 5 other ways i could get the job done with 3.5 tons of tools on the job in the step van .Scrollings the same thing .I have every blade, all sizes, for metal ,plastic, wood, etc .If i didn't i would have lost some jobs. At 30 cents a blade why scrimp,lol

This wasn't really a matter of being cheap, more of I wanted to try the blades out just to make sure I like them before I order too many. From what I've heard about them...I should love them. I'm still in the trying things out and picking what works for me phase. :oops:

This wasn't really a matter of being cheap, more of I wanted to try the blades out just to make sure I like them before I order too many. From what I've heard about them...I should love them. I'm still in the trying things out and picking what works for me phase. :oops:

I was happy as a pig in mud with any blade i could find ,even ones from the big box stores! Blades just don't last in the chinese saws because the up and down motion snatches the blade rather than up and down like a car piston.I've cut plenty on my dewalt with little tension on the blade as i forgot to put it on .Thats how gentile the motion is on a dewalt. You can't do that on a chinese saw !

Edited by amazingkevin

I was happy as a pig in mud with any blade i could find ,even ones from the big box stores! Blades just don't last in the chinese saws because the up and down motion snatches the blade rather than up and down like a car piston.I've cut plenty on my dewalt with little tension on the blade as i forgot to put it on .Thats how gentile the motion is on a dewalt. You can't do that on a chinese saw !

While I agree Dewalt is great (I even own several of their products), you also can't buy a Dewalt saw for little over $100. Unless you get really lucky with a used one for sale. If I get more into scrolling I will eventually upgrade my saw.

While I agree Dewalt is great (I even own several of their products), you also can't buy a Dewalt saw for little over $100. Unless you get really lucky with a used one for sale. If I get more into scrolling I will eventually upgrade my saw.

If you were here i'd let you have mine for a hundred  but teach me to pattern ,deal? its a type one works perfect.I'll tell you all i did to it and anything else you want to know !