Little Practice Project

Fishman

I made this for my neighbor, who is battling Cancer. She loved it!

Just a simple design I made, and I had the idea to use felt for the purple. I'm overall happy with how it came out, and especially with how the cuts are really pretty clean. I feel it's an improvement over my last project. Not sure if it was practice, or the new blade I used. Maybe a bit of both.

The one thing I don't like, is the black paint I used. No idea why I used it, I guess it's one of those things that sounds good in your head...then not so much once you do it. Next time I will use a color that will make the backing pop a bit more; and that is more cheery. I feel the black is too dark and morbid. :oops:

post-25096-0-08630600-1424288201_thumb.jpg

Jordan that was a great gift to give.  I'm sure she adored it.  I personally like the black it's the purple that needs to be a bit more purple'er  ( sorry could not think of another word)  How thick was your wood?  Maybe it was too thick.

Marg

The wood was 1/4 Ply.

As for the purple it might just be the picture? It was just a quick snapshot, and I don't think it captured the color. It is Lavender though, and not purple. That might be it too? Couldn't do much with that, since that's the color of the support ribbon and that was the shade of it they had.

The wood was 1/4 Ply.

As for the purple it might just be the picture? It was just a quick snapshot, and I don't think it captured the color. It is Lavender though, and not purple. That might be it too? Couldn't do much with that, since that's the color of the support ribbon and that was the shade of it they had.

Well in that case it was probably the photo.  The two colors certainly compliment each other.

Marg