Roly as a child (and a three more)

Doug

The first one is a pattern by Roly - I am assuming it was from a picture of him in his youth.  Thanks Roly, I really like the pattern.

Two and three are by Joscroll and were done for some Chinese friends.

The last one (picture came out blurred) is for friends who will celebrate their 50th this year.

post-8034-0-19513200-1424639219_thumb.jpg

post-8034-0-49549200-1424639222_thumb.jpg

post-8034-0-80298800-1424639225_thumb.jpg

post-8034-0-44447300-1424639227_thumb.jpg

Edited by Doug

I am very impressed, Doug. I could have never done that. I don't even know English too good and you can scroll in Chinese.. You're the man

Dick

heppnerguy

or maybe you have a Chinese scroll saw and it knows how to scroll in Chinese already

EX 21 - made in Taiwan - the big problem was teaching it English.   Thanks for all of the kind comments. 

Our Chinese friends enjoyed the ones given them, a part of their comments were "the characters you selected are the most meaningful and valuable words in our lives, especially in our old age. We value "Friendship" and "Happiness" and we live by these words every day".  With respect to happiness the comment was "By the way, this word/character itself is the most popularly used one in every happy occasions or celebrations. It pronouces as "fu", and it means "good fortune", "happiness", "blessed", "wellness". When it combines with another word (or words), it has more meanings, etc."

Your comments and the comments from recipients just add to the inherent joy of scrolling and giving.