got it right this time

heppnerguy

we have a friend who has just sold their house and will be moving to Pendleton, Oregon, the home of the famous Pendleton Oregon rodeo. the symbol of the rodeo is a bucking horse with a rider on it. I thought I would design and cut them a home warming plaque for their new home. Although their name is the same as ours, we are not related. And this time, I think I got it all right. A little more attention to details really helped me. It only took an hour to cut out the sign and the back board. Painting the back board, waiting for it to dry and gluing it up, was another hour. I enjoyed the first part way more than the last..

Dick

heppnerguy

post-2238-0-47768900-1424929800_thumb.png

Dick,

I like that!! I like it so much I want to give it a try. :)

Steve

Steve,

Check out Travis's tutorial, if you have not already done so. They really are pretty easy to do and it takes me about 15 minutes to make a pattern and only about an hour to cut it. All time should reduce as I do them more. I have several ideas for them, Let's see what i come up with next.. could be good for sports, sayings and clever signs, as well as names like I used in this one.

Dick

heppnerguy

Dick,

I checked that out and it is awesome, I don't have ink scape or really anything on my computer to make patterns right now. I have been trying to download gimp, but my computer will not let me. I have to much protection on here with my internet service is also very good at keeping an eye on everything as well. In which they should, I pay them $20 a month, to keep every thing clean. :) 

Steve

Nice work Forum Supporter Dick. You got it at last ,told you Travis wouldn't forget you.  Roly

I guess it was my mistake, I didn't click on the correct link.. but when i PM Travis, he got right on it and fixed it up for me.. I am glad you pointed that out to me. It was embarrassing but I am glad you poked fun of me on it. I looked like a hypocrite.  

Dick

heppnerguy