Unknown Angels

Around the corner

Well I put the scrollsaw and computer to  work. Awhile back my daughters friend  which is her  boxing  trainer asked me if I could do a  portrait of her 2 children.I said I would have to see her pics to see how clear they were..I couldnt even say how much or if it was a  go. But behind all this my daughter and myself  found some good pictures but  as time went we found out that her coach  got into financial dillema so I  made the  portrait anyway and we will give  them to her no charge,I always like the challenge of doing them and for toddlers  I like doing the best. I used some oak I had  left over from last project for frame and bought some bead molding shaved it down ,painted black and baltic birch for main pattern.Some day down the road I will meet up with these portraits I finished  and say I did that. WOW :)

post-23657-0-53751300-1425435751_thumb.jpg

post-23657-0-77352500-1425435772_thumb.jpg

Edited by Around the corner

Thanks Kevin my brain is in overdrive trying to learn all the  different ways of  pattern making .All the members have such fantastic  talents of how to make things  it is hard to  gather it all cause you all make it look so easy but I keep forgetting alot of you are the kings of this trade  and years of experience so belonging to this club is a true blessing

Very nicely done.  The only reason things look easy is practice.. plenty of practice. :)  We all have made our share of designer firewood.  There is about 1000 years or more total experience on this board.  Most are quite willing to answer questions and what not. You are doing great.  Portraits can be some of the most difficult to do yours are great.  Thanks for sharing them with us.

DW

I think the part that makes the best pattern maker is the knowledge of how it should look when cut, if you have that you have no problems.  By the looks of these two you have the knowledge, all you need is practice.  They both look great and she will love them and you for your generous gift.

Marg