HEPPNERGUY

wombatie

Well here it is my very first Intarsia project.  Can't say it was easy because I only had my Dremil to do the shaping with but alll in all I am quite pleased with it.  There is a slight gap between the bottom fin and the bottom of the beak and the body, it looks worse on the photo than it actually is.  I had to use thinner wood than Dick suggested because I didn't have enough of that size.  I have used two different woods but they are both Blackhearted Sassafras but on the photo the colors look the same.  Would I do another.....yes I think I would, if it was up to my husband I would be doing a motor bike the same as Lee did but I told him that is way out of my league maybe in 20 years time I'll be up for that.  Like I said before this is my year for doing new things on the scroll saw, so between doing orders I will be doing other  things so stay tuned you never know whats coming next.  Dick I hope I made you proud, if not I'm sorry ;)

Marg

post-1251-0-73753700-1425447293_thumb.jpgpost-1251-0-78391000-1425447268_thumb.jpg

PS. I didn't want to put this into Intarsia/Segmentation because those guys do it so much better. :oops:

Edited by wombatie

Marg.

You got my buttons popping. You did a grand job. I hope it opens up a lot of new efforts for you in the very near future.. You are right about not jumping too fast but with a couple more on the easier side everything will become easier for you and you will be ready to tackle that motorcycle before you know it. I am so glad you did this. Now tell the others who are holding back, that it is not too difficult for them, as they  seem to think that it is. I will PM you about another pattern for you to try

Dick

heppnerguy

Came out great! I wouldn't of even guessed it was your first one.

You have inspired me to give it a go when I get the time. I've always wanted to try one of these.

Ever since I joined this site my to-do list has grown. So much inspiration and encouragement here. If only I could just scroll all day and didn't have to work.... well, I still probably wouldn't even catch up on things I want to make. :cry:

Edited by Fishman

Thanks everyone.  I won't say it was a barrel of laughs to do because I was frightened that I would mess up, but I must admit I like the feeling when I was putting it together.  It's just a case of saying OK lets do it and doing it.  The more you put it off the scarier it becomes.  GIVE IT A GO WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE.

Marg

Well here it is my very first Intarsia project.  Can't say it was easy because I only had my Dremil to do the shaping with but alll in all I am quite pleased with it.  There is a slight gap between the bottom fin and the bottom of the beak and the body, it looks worse on the photo than it actually is.  I had to use thinner wood than Dick suggested because I didn't have enough of that size.  I have used two different woods but they are both Blackhearted Sassafras but on the photo the colors look the same.  Would I do another.....yes I think I would, if it was up to my husband I would be doing a motor bike the same as Lee did but I told him that is way out of my league maybe in 20 years time I'll be up for that.  Like I said before this is my year for doing new things on the scroll saw, so between doing orders I will be doing other  things so stay tuned you never know whats coming next.  Dick I hope I made you proud, if not I'm sorry ;)

Marg

attachicon.gif2015-03-04 16.12.08.jpgattachicon.gif2015-03-04 16.11.09.jpg

PS. I didn't want to put this into Intarsia/Segmentation because those guys do it so much better. :oops:

Hey Marg, stop dumbing yourself down, that's a lovely piece of work. You said you were going to do an intarsia one day, and you did,  superbly. So stick your chest out ( maybe I shouldn't have said that :roll:  :roll: ), and be proud of your work. Well done Marg.

Rob Roy.

Looks good Marg makes me want to give it a go ,Its only fear that holds me back,one day I will get the courage to give it a go.

Peter you do surprise me.  All of those great segmentation pieces that you have done and the fabulous air gun painting and you are scared of a little Intarsia.  Give it a go my friend, try the dolphin, if I can do it just using a Dremil then I am sure you can do it.

Marg