Spinning tops

Phantom Scroller

This is the first time I've made a spinning tops in two parts wood and corian that works.

I think there's loads of potential on the lathe with these draw a circle on the wood rough cut on the scroll saw then drill the hole size on pillar drill and turn the spindle on the lathe to size of hole in wood disc then glue onto spindle and turn to size a doddle. Might make a few for the show.

Here's a link on YouTube to see it in action Roly

post-2228-0-52233700-1425834933_thumb.jpg

I'd like to take a peek at it when it is not spinning.. Oh, that might be my head still spinning from last night.. What the heck am I doing sleeping here in the bathroom next to the toilet? now the toilet is spinning like Roly's top.  I have to get out of here....  bye everyone

Dick

heppnerguy

This is the first time I've made a spinning tops in two parts wood and corian that works.

I think there's loads of potential on the lathe with these draw a circle on the wood rough cut on the scroll saw then drill the hole size on pillar drill and turn the spindle on the lathe to size of hole in wood disc then glue onto spindle and turn to size a doddle. Might make a few for the show.

Here's a link on YouTube to see it in action Roly

Very nice Roly they'll keep the kids amused for hours,(and the ADULTS).Your head must be SPINNING now :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops: Well done. 

Rob Roy.