9/24 It's been so slow........what are you all up to?

Christina

All of the forums are really slow lately.......even worse than during the warm summer months. I'm wondering what everyone is up to. Have you been doing shows? Working on gifts and preparing for the holidays? Spending time with family?

Come on share..........we'd all love to hear what's happening in your lives!

Christina

Hello Christina,

I just put the kids in bed, after homework, good dinner, spend time together.

Today it's just one month that I lost my oldest brother, so it was a bit a sad day :cry:

During the day i cleaned up my pc. Everything is in folders now, nice and clear, so I can find all

my patterns immediately.

I'm scrolling on a little chandelier for 6 waxinecandles , almost done, when i put it together I'll make already pictures of it before painting.

Also drawing a big chandelier, but i'm still not happy with the results so i keep on drawing. i promised my oldest daughter

to learn her to scroll, but with a handsaw for scrolling(sorry for my english); she is 10 years old and just like me very creative, the younghest one want to scroll to but then i have to buy first a lot of sawblades i think, she is 8. So this weekend will be stressy .

For now, i'll spend a few hours on my pc, following the 7th lesson inkscape and then try to use it(oh yeah)

This was about my day, how was yours?

friendly greetings

Frieke :)

Hi Christina

For some reason this is the time of year when all my children and most of my grandchildren, great grandchildren were born (must be something in the genes that "rouses us" around Xmas/New Year :) ) so have been busy shopping for, making, buying presents and visiting.

Have done some work on Sarahs's 3d Screen but not as much as I would have liked. Not too worry as I did approach it as a more long term project that would be peppered by halts to do other projects.

Have just finished my Jigsaw puzzle Xmass cards so I can devote more time to the Screen although I have just sent for plans of a Gypsy caravan I would like to make a model of. That too will take some time and will probably fall into the same catergory as the Screen.

Have also taken delivery of a new Belt/disc sander, a Dremel Rotary Tool and several accessories to go with it such as a Workstation, mini Router etc and am currently having Fun! playing with them.

Oh yes - and I am also playing with Sims3 and Fallout 3 for the PC.

There just isnt enough hours in a day anymore ...... maybe our government changed it to help cut down on burning fossil fuels!

Cheers

Keith

I haven't been able to do much. As you have commented before, I am sure you know of my health problems. Well, my back pain turns to back torture during bad weather. And bad weather we have plenty of lately. My shop time lately consists of me walking over there, piddle around for maybe a half hour, tops, before I'm hurting too bad. Then I sit down at my design table with a cup of coffee and some scrolling books and catch up on reading. By the time the pot starts running low, I'm starting to get a little depressed becuase of all the things I WANT to get done. Then I come back to the house, get online, and look at patterns and such. So, even with my pain level like it is, I'm still on scrolling material anyway. So, to go back to another post we had recently, I might be a scroller.

Things have been slow for me also. Last week I had surgery on my neck to remove 2 discs. 1 was ruptured! then they fused c5 - c8 together. I am glad I had the surgery because all my right arm pain and numbness is gone!

Just went to the docs this morning and was told I dont have to wear my neck brace anymore. Now I can drive again....woo hooo.

I also have been out of work since July 21st because of this and sill cannot go back until after November 17th!

Hopefully today I can get back in the shop ans start cutting some puzzles. I have some orders that I have to fulfill! :thumbs:

Frieke you are busy busy! I'm so sorry to hear of your brothers passing. It's hard to lose someone you love. I can't wait to see your chandelier. I have no doubt that it will be fantastic.

I spent my day running around after parts for my hubbys pickup truck......grrrr. It was a sunny beautiful day and I didn't have trouble breathing for a change so I would rather have made sawdust lol. Everything is 35-40 miles away and so it took awhile. I got home and fed and watered all my dogs and played with them a little and then made dinner. I made stuffed chicken breasts ( cheeses, jalepeno, spinach and artichokes), augratin potatoes and corn on the cob...........bisquits of course. Then I flopped in front of the tv too pooped to move and watched my shows.......Ghost Whisperer, Medium and OZ.

Keith you're another busy busy one lol. All those grandkids will keep you in line too. I love making gifts and I bet you're having a great time with it too. Puzzle cards.........love that idea too. Be sure to take pictures so we can see what you're up to.....you know we love to see the goodies lol. And NEW TOYS WOOHOO! You lucky thing you! I have a dremel but I would love to get a mini router table for it and I want one of those spindle sanders too. Oh Santaaaaa....

Greasemonkey I sure do know of your health problems and can commiserate completely! I have a bad back too and bad hips, so I know what you mean by torture! And with all the humidity and rain we've had I can't breath so I haven't been doing much of anything either. Colder months are definitely not for those like us!!! I hope you're feeling better soon my friend.

Firedkm I'm glad to hear your surgery went well and you are already experiencing positive effects! That's just great! Most likely that's what I'll end up having to do.........not looking forward to it either. But mine are in my Lumbar region and I was born with a hole in my spine where the bones didn't form properly.......naturally in the same area that I have the bad discs! Congrats about being able to drive again. And I hope you continue to improve and start having some fun! Yep, it takes a good while to heal enough for you to be able to work. Take advantage of it and get plenty of rest and make sure to follow doctors orders.

Well it's another gorgeous sunny cool day here in Jennings and I'm hoping to be able to make some sawdust indoors today. After I run my errands and build a dog house that is lol. Have a wonderful day everyone and thanks for sharing your days with me.

Christina

I have a wood heater in my shop too. I always seem to be able to produce enough scrap wood through to keep my heater going. There is a back room on my shop. It does leak a little, so it isn't good for anything else. I put all my scrap wood through the year in there. By the time winter comes, we use any mildewed or dirty wood at the shop. The wood that is still clean goes to the house to use in the fireplace. I am lucky though. In Mississippi, we don't use heat but for about three to four months a year.

Actully, my "wood room" has been filled for a while now. We've been burning bon-fires almost weekly in my outdoor fire pit for about three months now.