Woodworker or Woodcrafter?

Travis

Do you consider yourself a woodworker or a woodcrafter? I tend to use the terms interchangeably, but I think I consider myself more of a woodcrafter. Woodworker seems to imply that you're a furniture builder. But then again, you're still working with wood, sometimes with joinery, and on some projects you have to pay attention to wood movement and structure. So how do you describe your hobby? Woodworker, woodcrafter, or just plain crafter? :?:

I have been a pyrographer since I was 12..........I'm 51 now. I have only just started scrolling and I used to carve marionettes as a kid. I've only dabbled a little with carving other than the marionettes. So to answer your question.............. :rofl: ............I'm a WANNABE woodworker/crafter!

I would dearly love to learn to create beautiful furniture, fretwork, intarsia.............EVERYTHING! I think I have sawdust in my veins just waiting to burst out lol. I love the smell and feel of wood. I love the grain patterns and different colors in different species of wood. I just can't get enough of it!

Great question.

Christina

i've been thinking on this question for sometime now I've come to the conclusion that i am neither a woodworker or crafter but a hobbyist.

when i think of the term woodworker i think of somebody working in the shop building pieces to sell to make there living and woodcrafters are people crafting an art form from wood to sell at shows one of kind pieces of art rather then usable pieces for function. i do it for the enjoyment of knowing i can make what ever i set my mind to.

blame

normally i say im a woodworker. if they are interested i explain the type of woodworking i do. if theyre not interested, just saying i'm a woodworker is good enough for them and me. i don't get too carried away with scroll saw talk. most people dont care. :| thats why i hang out here. i can talk about scroll saws and nobody looks bord. at least i dont think they do. :?