print cheaper

gator

okay like most have had several color inkjets and price of ink well lets just say its high. last year made a jump and this is what i have learned and maybe i can help some of you save a dollar or two. i bought a lazier printer  black only about $100  at walmart . but the cartridges are $50 but do last longer bought a couple over the year and thought there has to be a better way. i order a off brand replacement and just the refill kit. the refill kit is $8 (cheaper if you buy 4 pack i will do when i need more) really easy to refill its a dry powder and you have to reset the gear inside. comes with instructions. refilled mine in minutes and have been using it for a very long time. i would say i am saving a bunch of money by these changes .good luck and heres a link to what i bought and i have no connection with this sight.  http://www.suppliesoutlet.com/Brother-HL-2270DW-Toner-Cartridge-s/17105.htm

Here's a trick my friend does to get the max print time from a filling.He has a vibrator that the cartridge sits on .It really packs in the toner way more than just filling it.His customers love it that he refills for. Myself use liquid ink and refill them for pennies,its a Epson wf3520.A new cartridge cost full $25.00 .I fill it myself for next to nothing.You have to buy none oem cartridges(original equipment manufacture) You get 6 tom10 cartridges plus 4 or 5 colors of ink for $28.00.I'll go thru 3,3 maybe 4 packs of paper for the $28.00.You'll be lucky to go thru 1 pack of paper and $100.00 in ink using oem cartridges pre filled.Yes you will get ink on you till you learn to me neat and careful , but until then wear latex gloves .I've been doing this for a lot

okay like most have had several color inkjets and price of ink well lets just say its high. last year made a jump and this is what i have learned and maybe i can help some of you save a dollar or two. i bought a lazier printer  black only about $100  at walmart . but the cartridges are $50 but do last longer bought a couple over the year and thought there has to be a better way. i order a off brand replacement and just the refill kit. the refill kit is $8 (cheaper if you buy 4 pack i will do when i need more) really easy to refill its a dry powder and you have to reset the gear inside. comes with instructions. refilled mine in minutes and have been using it for a very long time. i would say i am saving a bunch of money by these changes .good luck and heres a link to what i bought and i have no connection with this sight.  http://www.suppliesoutlet.com/Brother-HL-2270DW-Toner-Cartridge-s/17105.htm

of years Printer ink cartridges are more expensive than blood.

The toner cartridges that come with the printer initially are not fill much.  I have had and used a laser printer since 1995.  The current one I have I purchased in 2000.  It is old but works great... no bells and whistles, no scanner, no fax just the printer.  It takes a standard 2612A HP cartridge and that lasts a long time.  I recently purchased a pack of 5 of them for $80.  More than enough toner for several years hehe.

DW

Just a quick question to those of you using laser printers. I had at one time two HP ll 's and on both machines the feed rollers went bad. Have you folks found a laser printer that doesn't have that problem? The printers worked great until they stopped feeding the paper. Anybody have any advice on which brand/model to buy?

Ray

Just a quick question to those of you using laser printers. I had at one time two HP ll 's and on both machines the feed rollers went bad. Have you folks found a laser printer that doesn't have that problem? The printers worked great until they stopped feeding the paper. Anybody have any advice on which brand/model to buy?

Ray

I've had the same Brother combo machine for many years. With the very occasional minor maintenance it has had no problems. Only little hiccup you get every now and then is a paper jam, which is easy to fix. It actually has a page counter on it, the machine has printed over 15,000 pages and still going strong. It uses the black toner, which is perfect for black and white printings....and lasts a very long time.

My personal opinion is Brother (laser/toner) for text, patterns, anything black and white.

Epson if you want high quality photo prints. With that said, I would NOT print photos at home, the cost of ink and paper is just way too much. It's much better to use a printing service for actual photos.

Edited by Fishman

Thanks. I'll start looking around.

R

I just bought a Brother laser printer http://www.brother.ca/en-CA/MFC/5/ProductDetail/DCPL2520DW  picked it up on sale for $99 and so far so good haven't had any issues with it. This one is wireless or USB only

I got one with a scanner to make copies of the patterns from the magazines.

I had an HP  that had paper feeder problems. i took some cu tips and some rubbing alcohol and cleaned the rollers. You have to be diligent when you do it but it did the trick and it started feeding just fine.. Might want to give that a try.

Dick

heppnerguy

Ray

Laser printers are the way to go.  Very cheap to maintain.   If you have a ink jet printer

I would suggest to go to " Ink Owl"  on the net.   They offer great deals for re-filling all types of cartridges.

I have both types of printers and use the re-fill kits for my cartridges.  Very cost effective.