Hi from Jen

Jennifer Moon-Child

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I am Jen, I am 32 and I live in Delaware. I have been scrolling for almost a year. I still can't believe how addictive it is. A couple of weeks ago I upgraded to a Excalibur 21 and today I finished the sandpiper picture below. I cut it out of two layers of 1/8" baltic birch plywood and the segmented bird is 1/4" bb plywood. I coated the beach layer in mod podge and then sand (which I'd never done before and would do a little differently next time), and stained the bottom layer with blue acrylic paint mixed with acrylic stain medium. I also make a lot of other projects, anything from coasters and napkin holders to wall hangings, and lately I've started doing jigsaw puzzles.

This forum seems like a great resource! Thanks everyone for all the info and inspiration!

post-24348-0-77367300-1427591122_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I am Jen, I am 32 and I live in Delaware. I have been scrolling for almost a year. I still can't believe how addictive it is. A couple of weeks ago I upgraded to a Excalibur 21 and today I finished the sandpiper picture below. I cut it out of two layers of 1/8" baltic birch plywood and the segmented bird is 1/4" bb plywood. I coated the beach layer in mod podge and then sand (which I'd never done before and would do a little differently next time), and stained the bottom layer with blue acrylic paint mixed with acrylic stain medium. I also make a lot of other projects, anything from coasters and napkin holders to wall hangings, and lately I've started doing jigsaw puzzles.

This forum seems like a great resource! Thanks everyone for all the info and inspiration!

Hi Jen, after eyeballing this kind of fortay i rushed to your gallery to see more .Low an behold it was empty.After a year of addictive scrolling you only have one picture to show us :sad: Oh well i forget too!I know your happy with the new ex21.thanks for showing this master piece, it so d i love it.Judt like a photograph!Keep them coming! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

A big WELCOME from me Jen ,nice work already and Marg from Aussie land down under will be please there are more ladies appearing on here with scrolling skills there's plenty of help on here for you and patterns help yourself. Roly

OH a EX-21 YOUR IN THE BIG LEAGUE!  :lol:

Edited by Phantom Scroller

Hi Jen, welcome to the Village.  I'm Marg from Australia.  Yes it's great having more females on here, it gets lonely some times.  :lol:   I love your sandpiper and the use of sand  is a terrific idea.  We all learn things as we go, which means we also learn better ways of doing things after we have done them once.  Make yourself at home here, we are a friendly lot. ;)

Marg

Welcome to The Village, Jen. So glad you found us. You will quickly learn that everyone here enjoys sharing what we do and learning from one another. I like your work and hope you continue to challenge yourself and discover the fun of the challenge of scrolling new and different things with a new technique, from time to time. I am glad to see more women joining us as woman are so crafty and It is  nice to see that scrolling is becoming a new found art for so many women. I hope you take some time to try and find all our hidden nooks and crannies and log on often so that you feel comfortable with all of us.  

Dick

heppnerguy