Dewalt 788

Apache

I just aligned my bottom blade holder with the top one and its like I have a new saw.  I moved the bottom blade holder 1/16 of a inch outward by slotting the two side plates and moving the frame work out.  I don't know if all Dewalt 788 have this same problem but mine sure did.  It seems that they would check this during the manufacturing of the saw.  I have used the saw for over 6 months just like it came out of the box.  Believe me, check yours and do the fix,  it well worth it and it takes about 10 minutes.....:)

Ricks 's is a wealth of info ,gwinett woodworkers site another tube video , source ,been posted many times ,solves a lot of issues ,THEY need to be BOOK MARKED for reference.exceptional ,a lot of these things have been posted and just get ignored till they are lost but needed ! That cures the from to back issue on those that have them .

Thanks, I have pretty much read all the words right off that site. I have checked it many times. I have also downloaded the 4 videos segments on how to grease/tighten up all the bearings on the 788. I made it into a full length movie using Movie Maker. I have watched it about 3 times so far. Very interesting and each time I pick up something I missed previously.

Ray

Hi Apache, I finally found the article you referenced but I had to email and quote your original post when I emailed Rick. He came right back to me and told me exactly where to find the article. I haven't gotten around to checking mine yet but will today. Thanks for bringing it to my, and other's, attention. Like I have said in prior postings, this forum is fantastic with all the comeraderie and great information. You all are great. Thanks to all who participate here.

Ray