Halloween Challenge & Avatar Costume Parade

Travis

Halloween is just around the corner. This is my favorite holiday of the year. So lets throw out a little challenge. So brush those cobwebs from your saw and start making some sawdust. Show off a spooky cutting, devilish scrolling decor, or a ghoulish scroll saw pattern and post a picture in this thread. Don't dig into the past for pictures. Dig deeper...6 feet deeper, and create something brand new and unique to add to your Halloween decor this year. Have fun, get creative, and get spoooooky!

While we're at it, lets have a Halloween Avatar Costume Parade! You can get a little crazy with GIMP and give your avatar a Halloween Costume, or replace your avatar with a spooky image!

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with. Lets have fun! :thumbs:

Here's a fun little tic-tac-toe game. Cut the base from 1/2" or 3/4" stock. The tic-tac-toe grid can be either 1/4" or 1/8" ply and glued to the base. Then it's just a matter of stack cutting out 5 ghosts for the X's and 5 pumpkins for the O's. These can be cut from 1/4" or 1/8" ply. This pattern is probably best suited for painting. Water down some acrylic paints to let the grain show through a bit. The base can be purple and black. The grid can be black. The ghosts can be watered down white. The Pumpkins are orange with little green stems. Then seal it with a spray acrylic. If anybody tackles this, I would love to see a picture!

I recorded a video on how I designed this. I'll try to get this up sometime this week for those interested.

thumb_tictactoe.jpg

• 2 weeks later...