My Idea for tilting saw

woodduck

I used 2 gate hinges for the pivot end & a moveable block for the height adjustment & altered the electrics to make disconnecting the saw easier.I made this setup because I quite often move my saw (following the sun) .All I have to do now is slide it out of the gate hinges & unplug the cord & move the table & saw separately.Makes it a lot easier. Cheers Peterpost-19963-0-37903500-1428467296_thumb.jpgpost-19963-0-29764300-1428467371_thumb.jpgpost-19963-0-24005500-1428467438_thumb.jpgpost-19963-0-14412500-1428467500_thumb.jpgpost-19963-0-59817800-1428467556_thumb.jpg

Great idea Peter, Same saw as mine and I also tilt about that height, but I use a single bolt at the rear of the saw.

Then to move to under the tree for fresh air just undo one bolt and unplug the saw and out side we go.

might look into the hinge idea after I finish with this art show.

Hows that saw treating you, I have had one bearing crap out on me. Otherwise I love it..

***Merlin***

Great idea Peter, Same saw as mine and I also tilt about that height, but I use a single bolt at the rear of the saw.

Then to move to under the tree for fresh air just undo one bolt and unplug the saw and out side we go.

might look into the hinge idea after I finish with this art show.

Hows that saw treating you, I have had one bearing crap out on me. Otherwise I love it..

***Merlin***

Hi Merlin I have had the saw now for 2 years nearly, I know there are better saws around but sometimes you have to go with what you can afford but saying that I have found the saw to be everything that I required, I have had no troubles with it & it works beautifully doing everything that I require of it.Cheers Peter

My shop is a 8X12 shed I have a drill press Table saw, Scroll Saw, router table ,Wood rack, d work bench, So When I use one tool I have to move that tool out into the middle then Move it back when I finish so I can store my lawn Mower. My Saw is on a 4 legged table I have the 2 back legs on a coaster platform , When I move it I lift up on the front of the table. and it rolls out I leave the saw on the wheeled platform . this is about the easiest method for me . i get no vibration from it. The back of the saw is about 4 inches higher than the front.

IKE

Out of curiosity, where did you find those hinges? I went to Home Depot and Lowes yesterday and couldn't find them. I did a "image" search on google and found a picture of them but couldn't find any local supplier. 

Ray

Ray I am in Australia & I got the hinges from a hardware chain store , (Bunnings) ,I thought that you would be able to get them anywhere from a good hardware store even in the States,sorry I cant help you more, maybe another member might be able to put you on the right path. Cheers Peter.

Out of curiosity, where did you find those hinges? I went to Home Depot and Lowes yesterday and couldn't find them. I did a "image" search on google and found a picture of them but couldn't find any local supplier. 

Ray

Ray,

Take a photo of them on your phone and take it to Lowes or Home Depot and they should have them. If not, try looking at Ace Hardware.  should not be a difficult item to find

Dick

heppnerguy

Thanks Dick, like I said, I found an image of them online and went to the page source but there doesn't seem to be a local supplier. I did go to Lowe's and HD but they have not seen them before. I'll give the Ace a try today. Maybe I'll get lucky. If not, I'll try to order them from the source online. I just hate waiting for anything. At my age, time is running short so waiting is not an option I enjoy.

Ray