Getting Ready for Son's Retirement

Scrappile

Just took this off the saw and laid it on a backer.  This was trickIer than I thought it would be.  Some very fragile areas and I was doing it with flat blades on a new saw.  Took me some time, I had to go real slow, but I am getting some practice with the flat blades.  I used a FD-PSR. #3.  The pattern is by J. Lawson.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_2534.jpg

Edited by Scrappile

This is an extraordinary accomplishment for you transposing from spirals! This portrait will be accepted with just as high regards as his medals but more personal.Watch him swallow as he glimpses it in the first second ,that the sign of holding back a tear of recognition of thanks!I'm impressed and had it been for me i could not hold back!1000 atta boy's! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Just took this off the saw and laid it on a backer.  This was trickIer than I thought it would be.  Some very fragile areas and I was doing it with flat blades on a new saw.  Took me some time, I had to go real slow, but I am getting some practice with the flat blades.  I used a FD-PSR. #3.  The pattern is by J. Lawson.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_2534.jpg

Thank you all for the nice comments.  I will pass on the the thanks to Spool for his service. 

That is some good work, Paul!......Moving back to the flat blades was brave of you.......Turned out great..are you still adding part of a flight helmet to the project?

Still plan on making the mounted helmet.  I will pick one of his up in June when I see him next.