Blades from Mike

edward

My only problem is the 3/0 ns blades are back ordered!........Ordered the first of April..still did not arrive!..Really hope this is only a one time thing as that is my go to blade!..We shall see!

Did you order through Mike's Workshop or WTB?  I do not see that they are back ordered at Mike's workshop.  I would get in touch with WTB if that is where you ordered through and cancel and reorder from Mike's.  I know, same company, but maybe different somehow.  I would at least ask.

I ordered a gross of blades from Mike's Shop. Got them in the same amount of time, and all the prices stayed the same. This was a concern as I order a lot of blades. The only difference I experienced was the email Mike sent out the same or next day saying it was shipped and thinking me. Always made me feel appreciated. They did include a small paper that said the numbers had changed for customer service but that ws the only differences in the order. WTB did say they were keeping his site and prices, and I hope they continue to do so.

I was going to order from WTB but they want $12 shipping but when I ordered from Mike (when he had it) he only charged at most $4.50-$5.00.

I only order a small amount cause of import duties.

***Merlin***

I went back to Mike's site and got my order processed, reply came back from what looks like from Mike nuthin in it to WTB.

Strange me thinks, will find out the shipping went it gets here, Mikes used to take about a week.

***Merlin***

Mike's Workshop <Contact@mikesworkshop.com>

04:01 (13 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to
cleardot.gif

Your order has been received and will ship shortly.

Thank you!

Mike’s Workshop, Inc.

PO Box 33917

Portland, OR  97292-3917

(503)760-1614

www.mikesworkshop.com

Mike's Workshop <Contact@mikesworkshop.com>
04:01 (13 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif

PO Box 33917

Portland, OR  97292-3917

(503)760-1614

www.mikesworkshop.com

Edited by merlin

• 6 years later...
1 hour ago, old sarge said:

Have you folks tried ordering blades from Leslies?

http://flyingdutchmanscrollsawblades.com

Yes, used to do a lot of business with them. I think the couple that run it went through divorce and customer service was non-existent.. maybe they've got things running good again.. but I give a business 3 strikes just like a ball game.. and depending on how they handle situations maybe only one strike.. anyway they was always good to me until 3 different times they forgot to mail my order.. one time they mailed half of it and said the other half would be a couple weeks because they was on back order.. 6 months later when I ran out of blades I remembered I never got my other half.. they did make it right.. but I guess I honestly thought they'd do a little extra for royally messing that up.. mess ups was a common thing and I got tired of that so gave someone else my business. 

I think what happen is the wife would run the business during the day and the husband worked.. the divorce made the husband end up doing it all.. and orders were late etc.. at one time there was a lot of folks complaining about the slower service. Replies from them was that he works full time+ and then trying to run the business.. hopefully they have things figured out by now.. I just got tired of all the excuses etc.  

2 hours ago, Cage said:

Hi, Anyone in Canada order form Mike’s Workshop, Inc. Spirit Lake, ID? I don't want to get caught up with import duties, brokers fees, and other such nonsense.

I contacted them directly, but they replied as follows:

"We have many customers in Canada! As for fees, we do not know what fees you would have to pay."

Thanks

I think Bearwood.com is in Canada.. why not order from them? Niqua blades is rebranded Flying Dutchman blades so they are the same blade.. just different name..

I usually order from Mikes Workshop that is run now by Wooden Teddy Bear.  I am a die hard Flying Dutchman user and I order by the gross.  Usually takes about a week to come to Canada.  I have never paid customs yet.  They end up costing with shipping and conversion to Cdn $ about $4 CDN. a dozen.

A friend of mine recommended SawBird http://www.sawbird.com/scroll_saw_blades.htm.  He found the NIQUA the same as the Flying Dutchman.  I will try them next time I order.  They have Pegas too.

NOTE>  US buyers get a 20% discount on the money.