GOLF ANYONE

Clayton717

This is part one of two intarsia projects that have been ordered. It's all complete just need to apply the finish, but I'm waiting until I get the second one finished(a woman golfer). The pattern is by Judy Roberts. wood used was, quarter sawn sycamore, aspen, bass, walnut, elm, and maple. I will post another picture of when I get the finish put on. 

post-1275-0-23854300-1429671130_thumb.jpg

Very nicely done.   If it looks that good now, imagine what it will look like with the finish.

I too am finally getting off the fence.  I ordered some intarsia pieces yesterday.  Two from Kathy Wise, and a couple from Judy Gale.   I have been back and forth for years

about doing intarsia.   Well better late than never. 

Once again thanks for sharing, and looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Looks like around 80+ pieces.That's a big job keeping track of right side up, backwards etc. ,and all else that can mess up a great project.I mark the underside of the pieces which saves some time remembering the correct position of the piece.You know your going to drop one or two or have it fly out of your fingers sanding or Dremiling.This is a master piece done by the master intarsist! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Very nicely done.   If it looks that good now, imagine what it will look like with the finish.

I too am finally getting off the fence.  I ordered some intarsia pieces yesterday.  Two from Kathy Wise, and a couple from Judy Gale.   I have been back and forth for years

about doing intarsia.   Well better late than never. 

Once again thanks for sharing, and looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Glad to hear you are going to give intarsia a try. I was always afraid to try it, but once I did I got hooked. Now several years later it is my favorite thing to do in the shop.

Looks like around 80+ pieces.That's a big job keeping track of right side up, backwards etc. ,and all else that can mess up a great project.I mark the underside of the pieces which saves some time remembering the correct position of the piece.You know your going to drop one or two or have it fly out of your fingers sanding or Dremiling.This is a master piece done by the master intarsist! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thanks Kevin. There is 92 pieces in this one. I had to chase a couple small pieces a few time when the sander flung them.