Signs Thanks to Sheila Landry and Birchbank

wombatie

I made these for Terry and myself.  The original patterns I got from Sheila Landry.  Papa's Workshop is the same as Sheila's pattern.  Grams' Workshop started out life as one of Sheila's patterns but I added the scroll saw, pattern by Birchbank Russell and I changed Grandma to Grams' because that is what the kids call me.  The wood is Camphor Laurel (lovely wood), its about 5mm thick and I have no idea what blades I used it was already in the saw.

Marg

post-1251-0-05410500-1429856756_thumb.jpg

nice work marg like the grams one did u use a pattern?if so copy pliz if u dont mind

Hi Ronald I always ask and I always get....................................NO!! :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops: .

Rob Roy.

I made these for Terry and myself.  The original patterns I got from Sheila Landry.  Papa's Workshop is the same as Sheila's pattern.  Grams' Workshop started out life as one of Sheila's patterns but I added the scroll saw, pattern by Birchbank Russell and I changed Grandma to Grams' because that is what the kids call me.  The wood is Camphor Laurel (lovely wood), its about 5mm thick and I have no idea what blades I used it was already in the saw.

Marg

attachicon.gif2015-04-24 11.31.23.jpg

Very nice Marg,and that timber has a lovely grain. Well done. :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs: .

Rob Roy.

Very very nicely done Marg.  I have never worked with Camphor Laurel is it difficult to work or finish?  Thanks for sharing this with us.

DW

It cuts smoothly and it finishes great.  I put a coat of Danish Oil on both and rubbed them with some Wet & Dry left them to dry and then put a couple of coats of Poly on top.

Marg