Chat Room

Travis

Would you use a live chat room?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a live chat room?

• No. I'd never use it.
    • I'd rarely use it.
    • I might use it sometimes.
    • I'll probably use it on a regular basis.
    • Yes. I'd really enjoy that.

The subject of a chat room came up in another thread. As of now, we currently don't have one. But, if there's enough interest, I could certainly add one. We'd have to figure out the logistics of it, but right now I just wanted to gauge the interest. Waddya think? You guys want a chat room? I've added a quick poll, go ahead and cast your vote. Any thoughts or feedback are also welcome.

For me it can be on every day of the week, but could you think at the people from other countrys?

I think when i finished working, most of you just come out of bed( in America) and i think thats why i

almost never see someone else online , isn't it?

So maybe on a sunday so whe can chat with everybody ( there must be a time of the day nobody sleeps?)

Have a funny day

Frieke :?

Daytime ,nite time ,graveyard shift time.anytime.I'll make time to go to this one.The words used ,are what keeps me or breaks me from chat rooms .Looks like travis has good club standards that i approve of highly .If the same rules applie as for our club it will be an honar to have a seat at.all i favor iiiiiii.The amatuer radio club i use't to belong to was more of a party party place than shop talk,Really reminded me of cb radio which is very low on my scale.the telescope club i was in was a little better but the hours didn't work for the working class.the outings were so far away too.This village thing should sounds tempting.i give it my best shot! :D

ah ha Now the cats out of the bag .Iv'e been wondering who the shadylady was .Good things come to those that wait Good evnin mamn!Say, you really have good taste in that man of yours.On my first look i thought you were his daughter and still do.He looks like a keeper though.Where's the fire?.Is it true that when a fireman runs into a burning house to save lives with that big ol fireman axe, is they go straight for the old tube type tv's and reliese the vaccum in in by inserting the axe through the screen ?whoa!Maybe it could have only been my wife burnin some chicken with all that smoke and your going to wipe out my tv?Shoot first then ask questions lol,just kidding .how are you sir I love your puzzels and tryed one BUT the blade was to thick and when you stood the dog up your lucky if it stayed together .what a mistake that was .BUT the chat room could of saved me the embarasment before hand.Measure twice cut once.Practice? is the best teacher?Makes my day to know who the shadylady is .Iv'e seen alot of your works.I've been going throuh the work already done library of the club but only got to 225 and had to stop .Now i have to start all over again at 1,2,3,4 till i'm up to where i left off. Is there a short cut to go back where you were ,cause there's well over 2000 pictures to look at .help help??

Edited by amazingkevin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...
On 10/10/2009 at 3:38 PM, Travis said:

The subject of a chat room came up in another thread. As of now, we currently don't have one. But, if there's enough interest, I could certainly add one. We'd have to figure out the logistics of it, but right now I just wanted to gauge the interest. Waddya think? You guys want a chat room? I've added a quick poll, go ahead and cast your vote. Any thoughts or feedback are also welcome.

What ever happened to the chat room???

On the old SSW magazine board, we used to have a Monday night chat. Even though it was the middle of the night, we would get some European visitors and the folks in Australia and New Zeland would chime in after their breakfasts. 

Monday was general chat, but I think the intarsia folks tried one on another night.

Holy cow, someone was digging in the archives!  This thread is 11 years old!  We haven't had a chat room in a few years.  Chat rooms are incredibly resource heavy and was taxing the server too much.  I might be able to find a different solution.  Maybe using Discord or something.  I'll poke around a bit and see what I can find.