John Deer tractor rocker

Well after  about 40 hours in the shop measuring and cutting.Then installing pieces ,piece by piece.I have finally got it painted and ready for my grandson to rock the floor.This job I thought was going to be easy but soon learned that I needed every tool in my garage.I spoke to a man in the US that used to sell them but got out of it as he said he wasnt making enough..He was charging 250 but he said it should of been alot more and he said youl see and he was right, to sell these a guy would have to double that but for my grandson my hours dont count as Im sure he will enjoy it as much as fun I had making it.The plans I got had a stationary steering wheel but I changed that so he can turn the wheel to make it more realistic.This was the biggest toy I have ever made and was a great project all around.I think all its missing now is a horn!  The color in some spots is alittle lighter right now as is wet and drying so will be darker in a  day or so

post-23657-0-05550800-1431033153_thumb.jpg

post-23657-0-74157200-1431033199_thumb.jpg

post-23657-0-03374200-1431033235_thumb.jpg

post-23657-0-68597000-1431033278_thumb.jpg

Edited by Around the corner

Well after  about 40 hours in the shop measuring and cutting.Then installing pieces ,piece by piece.I have finally got it painted and ready for my grandson to rock the floor.This job I thought was going to be easy but soon learned that I needed every tool in my garage.I spoke to a man in the US that used to sell them but got out of it as he said he wasnt making enough..He was charging 250 but he said it should of been alot more and he said youl see and he was right, to sell these a guy would have to double that but for my grandson my hours dont count as Im sure he will enjoy it as much as fun I had making it.The plans I got had a stationary steering wheel but I changed that so he can turn the wheel to make it more realistic.This was the biggest toy I have ever made and was a great project all around.I think all its missing now is a horn!  The color in some spots is alittle lighter right now as is wet and drying so will be darker in a  day or so

You could not pry my hands off this baby when i was a young guy,love it!!!!

Thanks for all the kind words I haven't given it to him yet as it's still wet and I have mde a set of wheels to put under the tractor to pull him around outside. The rocker is designed to come off and the wheel assembly slides under that way it can be used in and out with a exterior paint.The tractor is so strong with screws and glue that it could hold a adult if you had short legs and wanted to be. A kid again. Lol

Nice, but, do you know the reason that the steering is supposed to be attached to not turn? It's a safety thing, it's meant to be attached to not move so that when a child grabs it, it won't twist around when they are about to fall. I get the idea behind wanting it to turn, I was just wondering if you knew why it was meant to be non movable?

Len