Another blade question

OCtoolguy

If you were going to do a carving cutout in 2 inch basswood, what blade would you use? I have done one already and it seemed like the #5 skip tooth blade struggled to cut it. It did make it through the whole thing but I was wondering if I should have used a #7 or #9. Anybody out there to guide this newbie?

Ray

The Blade is always Boss ,Your just the feeder of the wood. Choose the blade that best suits the job at hand ,spirals are no different (in that respect) ,the finer the teeth the harder to get the saw dust out of the gullet,w/o clearing the gullet you have a poor rasp your trying to cut with,MY Vac. over powers the dust of all blades allowing the blades to do their job ,I do not have overheating ,or stretching of even the tiniest blade as long as I work with the limits of the blades ability ,smooth

even straight gentle pressure . I do not have to start and stop for any thing as long as I follow the rules ,THE BOSS IS ALL WAYS The BLADE . Those who use blowers, have a job on your hands clearing the kerf especially w/ fine blades ,You just have to deal with the conditions you have . IT is what it is unless you can change it! Carl