I feel like Kevin

I got an email from a person in Portland asking me to make 25 12 X 8 inch crosses that her church will be giving away to new visitors. Said she needed them before this Sunday. I cut them individually because it was difficult to stack cut do to the large size board I needed to use. I had some 12 X 12 but needed to invert one of them so that I did not waist too much wood doing them. 
After I was all done, it finally dawned on me that I just needed to print 2 patterns and put them on the board and then cut them..i can't believe I was to dumb. Oh, goodness, Kevin, that is not the part that made me feel like you,,,,It was the multi order that I got and it seems like you get a lot of multi orders;  I have never seen or heard of you doing the dumb thing like i did. ( am I ever glad I caught this terrible implication before I posted this). 

Dick

heppnerguy

post-2238-0-02329600-1433478534_thumb.jpg

This is not a new thing... a Kevin thing or a Dick thing .... it is however common to every scroller that has hit the "wouldn't it be great IF I had this by next sunday.  After all it's only a small order of 50 it will take no time at all to do."  This of course sets off our conditioned response- " What!! They gotta be kidding"  hehe.  Been there, done that, never wanted the tee-shirt.  Something I make for these large orders though is a template.  Yes, a template.  Drop it down on the wood, trace around the perimeter and whala no more having to print patterns and putting them on or having to remove them.  Use a #2 pencil though so that you can use denatured alcohol to remove the pencil marks left over from the cutting.  Best thing about the template is that you do not have to print that pattern in order to set up to make the item.  This is what I have and still do for the large church or group orders :)  Those look good Dick.  Bet they would sell like gang busters in Christian Bookstores.  Thanks for sharing them with us.

DW

This is not a new thing... a Kevin thing or a Dick thing .... it is however common to every scroller that has hit the "wouldn't it be great IF I had this by next sunday.  After all it's only a small order of 50 it will take no time at all to do."  This of course sets off our conditioned response- " What!! They gotta be kidding"  hehe.  Been there, done that, never wanted the tee-shirt.  Something I make for these large orders though is a template.  Yes, a template.  Drop it down on the wood, trace around the perimeter and whala no more having to print patterns and putting them on or having to remove them.  Use a #2 pencil though so that you can use denatured alcohol to remove the pencil marks left over from the cutting.  Best thing about the template is that you do not have to print that pattern in order to set up to make the item.  This is what I have and still do for the large church or group orders :)  Those look good Dick.  Bet they would sell like gang busters in Christian Bookstores.  Thanks for sharing them with us.

DW

Yes many of the images I inlay I use a pattern/template and a pencil also to apply the outline of the image.