Blade tensioning issues

Hi ya'll, I'm once again in need of advice from the experts.  I have a Delta 40-694 saw that I've only had a few months now.  Recently I've been having some trouble getting good tension on the blades.  What is happening is the blade is slipping in the top holder as I apply tension to it.  I always use sand paper on both ends of the blade before placing it in the saw and that was working up until recently.  I'm just curious if anyone has any tips or solutions for me?  Any help will be appreciated as always. 

Thanks,

Josh

Josh ! My 788 has mega hrs on it ,replaced blade clamps ,quite a while back ( I use anti-sieze compound on the threads(only)

But I have found (being a bottom loader)just before reconnecting the blade,I thunk the upper clamp w/ the heel of my hand to re-align and remove extra travel between upper and lower blade assemblies then insert blade and clamps ,really helps 95% of

the time ,seems to remove (PLAY & or SLOP in clamps ) not enough to really see or feel ,but is there anytime you have multiply bushing or bearings in line,and a flexible blade. Takes tension back 2 # for me ! I assume you have already made sure clamp

screws and set screws are set & lock-tited correctly already ! Later Carl

josh,

Give this a try. Place a piece of white paper on your saw table and remove your blade. Aligning the paper and the slot where the blade goes ( this will help you observe better the next part). Ok now look into the slot where the blade goes to be tightened and observe the location of the screw that is opposite the thumb screw. You should see the set screw being located almost in the middle of the slot. If you can barely see it you need to turn it clockwise to move it into the right position. The tool needed to do this is a torx driver #20, I believe. This should do the job, in my oppinion

Dick

heppnerguy

Your upper set screw (on the left side) is not flush or it is slightly rounded.

Remove it and check it for flatness. File or sand flat if necessary. Check thumb screw clamp also.

Apply 'Napa medium strength BLUE screw lock tight to the threads.

Screw it in until it is flush. You might want to do the bottom one also.

Sanding blade, may help some but IMHO, not necessary.

They seem to have summed it all up! I have had t do those on my DW 788--- I use a diamond file on the holding bushings (little pieces that fit into the setting screws.) to get them nice and flat.

Flat is the key, We, who do fret work forget how many thousand time we loosen and tighten those clamp screws ,The anti-sieze compound ,really adds major life and ease to the process ! Later, Carl