No Man Left Behind

penquin

Got this finished and got it entered in the Orange Country fair in Southern Calif. this year.  This is a cutting of a  statute down in Camp Pendleton Calif at the Marine base there.  You can look up the details on line but it is about 2 soldiers helping a wondered third one out of a house in the middle of house to house fighting in Fallouji.  The stature was created after a photo of this was published.

Big thanks goes to Don at Old Crow Scroll works who created the pattern for me.  What a great job he did.  I asked for help after I read the story and felt that a wood cutting of this would be a real nice way to help remember this action by all 3 Marines.

Hope you all enjoy it, I am really pleased with it myself.

jim

penquin

Kept trying to get the photo the right way but the computer would not cooperate. Sorry.

post-1363-0-23656200-1433903110_thumb.jpg

Got this finished and got it entered in the Orange Country fair in Southern Calif. this year.  This is a cutting of a  statute down in Camp Pendleton Calif at the Marine base there.  You can look up the details on line but it is about 2 soldiers helping a wondered third one out of a house in the middle of house to house fighting in Fallouji.  The stature was created after a photo of this was published.

Big thanks goes to Don at Old Crow Scroll works who created the pattern for me.  What a great job he did.  I asked for help after I read the story and felt that a wood cutting of this would be a real nice way to help remember this action by all 3 Marines.

Hope you all enjoy it, I am really pleased with it myself.

jim

penquin

Kept trying to get the photo the right way but the computer would not cooperate. Sorry.

Nice pattern and cutting.Your be a star donating this to the VA hospital i'm sure.post-1607-0-70816400-1433915726_thumb.jpg