I, I wish I could swim

Paul hd

When I cut out puzzle pieces, I always drill on a near a point so that when I'm sanding, I can round the drill mark off.  For patterns such as this, though, I think it comes down to preference since it's all waste material.  

Second question, about what to cut out first.  It's a matter of personal preference, I think.  I always start with the smallest pieces and work my way up because of the fiddly little adapters I use for spiral blades.

To answer your first question, as long as you drill a hole close to a line that is OK.  If you have a large piece to cut out you can use a larger drill bit. Second question, I alway cut the smaller pieces first that way you are not trying to keep your wood from breaking.  Thirdly, I think you will always find a void in all ply's no matter what type it is but of course the cheaper it is the more problems you may have.  Well done on the dolphins it looks great.  You certainly are a natural.

Marg

@courdorygirl & Marg. Many thanks for those great tips.

@Kevin. Hope you get out of there soon. Take care.

Thanks to all for the brilliant comments. Much appreciated.

@Bob. Once again , great patterns.

Edit: tried out a bit of lighting.

acdf6518b38321afd4c81e67a5f39201.jpg

9c8bee2a7437cc3cdcc541263906d61f.jpg

Cheers all.

Paul

Edited by Paul hd