Loud knocking noise

Fish

I was cutting this afternoon and was at high speed. All the sudden I got a loud knocking noise and vibration, it got worse as time went on so I stopped.. I have a DW788 and I have heard someone else talk about this problem. If I go with a slower speed it will go away speed up it comes back.. Anybody remember what this was? I hope this isn't a major problem. I haven't taken it apart yet.

Thanks

Edited by Fish

Don't know but sounds exactly like what I experienced. The fix is reelatively easy. There is a video I think by the Gwanette woodworkers. You need to disasseble the Dw. It is easy believe me. Make certain you keep the various screws and bolts arranged so you can put them back the way the belong. I found that there are four screws that hold the eccentic at the back of the unit. Two of them were out and the third loose. The plate is just opposite the motor so you need to take most of the unit apart to get to the plate. Once everything is back together mine purrs now yours will also if that is your problem. you will need allen wrenches and star drives to dissassemble the parts. Tool me about 40 minutes actual time and about and hours to get up the nerver.  Darryl

I was cutting this afternoon and was at high speed. All the sudden I got a loud knocking noise and vibration, it got worse as time went on so I stopped.. I have a DW788 and I have heard someone else talk about this problem. If I go with a slower speed it will go away speed up it comes back.. Anybody remember what this was? I hope this isn't a major problem. I haven't taken it apart yet.

Thanks

Thanks for the help. I messed with it all afternoon and still haven't got it to quiet down. There are no broken bolts or anything else I can find. it still only does it when it's going full speed. I tried adjusting both ways and neither worked. I'm missing something somewhere. I'll find it, thanks for the help.