Ship, karate and more Fairies.

Paul hd

Paul there is lots of great things you are showing here.  Almost missed it because I haven't revisited this thread, knowing I had already looked at and responded to your first post.  Glad I came back.  What I am hinting at is maybe you should start new threads for new projects you are showing or others like me may miss seeing your fine work.  Nice video also. 

I have two questions, if I may:

One is on your Hegner saw, why do you leave the gray "hold down" arm on?  Do you ever use your "hold down"?  I removed mine because it sometimes got in the way when I went from hole to hole on the piece I am cutting.  Just curious if there is a reason I should not have removed it.

The second is what kind of blade do you use to cut acrylic?  Is there a special blade just for it...

Thanks .

Hi Paul. Thanks for your kind words mate. ðŸ‘

In future I will start a new thread.

It's funny that you mention the hold down arm. I've not noticed it getting in the way yet. Another member here (Merlin) mentioned he uses the bar as leverage for the tension handle.

Something like this.

2f5e2d1a7d1ff80d42bfc49488a32993.jpg

I must admit I have not looked if there is a specific blade for plastic. I'm now using a Olson reverse tooth no7 & 5. They are great. Very clean cuts back and front.

Edit. After reading your post again I now realise that you meant the foot of the hold down gets in the way. I thought you meant just the grey arm.

You are absolutely right. The hold down part I imagine would be an absolute pain.

Edited by Paul hd

Thanks for the response, Paul.  No I meant the gray arm itself.  The one thing I do not like about my Hegner is the arm does not lift very much, like the Excalibur does.  Makes it hard to go from one hole to the next.  Seems do me any other thing in that area would only make it harder.  I don't know, I took mine off right after I got the saw.

Thanks again.

Paul

Hi Paul.

Okey so it is the grey bar. I must admit I've not noticed it getting in the way yet. But I agree it would be nice if the arm assembly would lift a little higher.

I cut a pattern today with the bar in place as in the pic above. It didn't work for me. I've not paid attention to it, but I tension and un- tension all with the right hand and the bar was just getting in my way. Lol.

Regards

Paul