New items for an upcoming show

DWSUDEKUM

Pine and Mahogany 5 lobe bowl

Cut from a 1 inch thick pine and mahogany blank.  The bowl was sealed and finished with wipe on polyurethane.

cd61515_003.jpg

cd61515_004.jpg

Black Walnut, Cedar, and Pine planter

Cut from a piece of Black Walnut with 3 inserts of Pine and Cedar.  This planter was sealed and finished with Spar Varnish.

cd61515_006.jpg

cd61515_007.jpg

Mini Alarm Clock

Cut from Mahogany. Sealed and finished with shellac.  This is a Steve Good pattern.  An excellent way to use up small scraps.

cd61515_008.jpg

Bamboo Name Plate

4 inches wide x 15 inches long x 10mm thick.  Sealed and finished with spar varnish,

cd61515_009.jpg

Mini Car

Made from the inside sections from my banks.  The car with exception of the axles are made totally from scrap and have been finished in a beeswax and mineral oil mix.

cd61515_010.jpg

cd61515_011.jpg

Simple shell

Cut from pine.  Finished with beeswax and mineral oil mix,

cd61515_012.jpg

cd61515_013.jpg

Compound Cut Donkey / Elephant

Cut from pine.  Both the donkey and elephant are part of one cutting.  Viewed one way - Elephant, Viewed the other way Donkey. 

cd61515_014.jpg

cd61515_017.jpg

Compound Cut Ballerina / Swan

Cut from pine.  Both the Swan and the Ballerina are part of one cutting.  Viewed one way - Swan.  Viewed the other way - Ballerina.

cd61515_018.jpg

cd61515_019.jpg

Gravity Wine bottle holder

Cut from cedar.  The pattern for the grape vine is from a 2007 issue of SSWC.  Finished with shellac.

winebottleholder.jpg

DW

Nice work. I especially like your bowl. Did you glue the woods together before you cut the pattern? Your idea and skill are perfect

Dick Heppnerguy

Dick for the bowls blank I took a 3/4 in thick piece of white pine and glued a layer of 1/4 mahogany on top.  I cut the pattern for the bowl with the mahogany side down and then glued them together.  The pattern I made from the Scroll Mania website - http://www.scrollmania.com/polydraw.html

DW

Everything is great. You always do great work DW. I love the Swan/ballerina. How do you even get a pattern for that.

That Swan / Ballerina pattern came out of one of Fox Chapel Publishing books.  My memory is poor for which one but I THINK it is out of the book 128 Compound Scroll Saw Patterns however I am not positive.  I scanned a couple of the patterns in and stored them in my pattern directory.  I have a a couple of other folks that are interested as well so I will delve into my scroll saw library and try to locate which book it came from.

DW