Out of service

Gordster

I am having scroll saw withdrawels....The lever

that clamps the blade on top broke off the other day.

Going to have to order replacement or get a quick

connect one.

Have a friend who is going to try to weld it but

have my doubts if that will work but worth a try.

Oh well I will have a nice clean shop by the time

I get it repaired......

Bummer... now that you know what is possible to break perhaps you should order 2 of them, one to replace the broken one and one on spare.  I have done this when I bought my Dewalt several years back.  I have had one upper clamp strip out, luckily I am an ex aircraft mechanic and have the tools to oversize the stripped hole, retap it and put the next size set screw in.  It is nice however to know that I have a spare holder should I need it.  Take pictures of a clean shop.... I have not seen one in a LONG time hehe :)

DW

Bummer. Don't know if this will help but take a look:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxHRYPCJtzQp.s. NOT calling your scroll saw "Cheap" but thought this might still help

Well sir that is one fantastic idea, take a little adjustment and I think

it would be great..I have a couple of old saws I am going to try the same Gizmo.

Thank you for the video...Gordie...

PS.I can't find thumbs up icon but I give you five for certain

Re: The video. I went to a bicycle shop and bought one for a dollar. Instead of the cap screw shown in the video, it had a long shaft, threaded on the end, same diameter as the screw I was clamping the blade with. Paid a machine shop $10 to saw it off & thread it. One of the smartest things I did. (I have so few!!)

jerry

Re: The video. I went to a bicycle shop and bought one for a dollar. Instead of the cap screw shown in the video, it had a long shaft, threaded on the end, same diameter as the screw I was clamping the blade with. Paid a machine shop $10 to saw it off & thread it. One of the smartest things I did. (I have so few!!)jerry

Thanks Jerry, that is some useful stuff.