Rings

bonacker

Paul above had it right.

Cut 2 pieces of 1/8" thick wood about 2" square. Same with the acrylic. Sandwich together with super glue gel with acrylic in the middle. Clamp together for about an hour. Then determine how large an OUTSIDE diameter you want the ring to be. Use a compass or correct size washer and draw the circle. Carefully mark the center point.

I then used a spade bit (just under my ring size) and slowly drilled through the sandwich. I was worried whether this type of bit would melt the acrylic, but it worked OK. I then cut the outside diameter as carefully as possible with my scroll saw in order to minimize sanding. Then I used my Dremel rotary sander on the inside diameter so it would fit my finger. I used my regular rotary sander on each wood side of the ring to get the width I wanted for the ring. Then I hand sanded the wood sides of the ring to get a nice round-over look. Using a very small brush, I stained and sealed the wood. A light careful sanding with at least 220 sandpaper followed by spray lacquer finished it up.

My first attempt at making rings.

Birch, stained, sealed, and lacquered, with transparent acrylic inset.

Art i've looked at wooden wedding rings in the past and found them to be one piece of work.If you know how to do this ,Your going to be  laughing your way to the bank.Google "wooden wedding rings" and you  will see why. They go for an outrageous amount  of money and worth it. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)