Quick question on finishes

Smudger

Boy do i have a lot to,learn about painting and staining and finishing projects.All our members question seem to find a way of reminding me of your problems and solutions as they happen to me.Thanks for this tips and tricks one!

Kevin

One of the things I love about the village. Nobody knows it all but as a collective, we can accomplish anything. The folks here are a unique breed. Sort of we all help each other with what we know, and are not afraid to ask things we don't know. :) :) :) :) :)

Edited by WayneMahler

Hi I was just wandering if I can spray a polyurethane varnish on a piece that has been treated with boiled linseed oil,

Thanks..

Yes.

Wipe off any excess BLO (that is any that doesn't get sucked into the wood immediately) and then be sure to let the BLO dry fully before adding a topcoat. Depending on RH and temp 5-7 days is needed.

Check out the Serving Tray project I just completed. BLO with a topcoat of clear lacquer.

Be very cautious with any rags when you use BLO they can spontaneously combust, if balled up and tossed in a corner.