Mermaid with a crown

cyclistjim

Pattern from Sue Mey - http://www.scrollsawartist.com/

Did a double stack cut and put it on two different backgrounds an oval and rectangle. 1/8 Baltic birch with Watco Danish Oil Natural is what I used for the mermaid. The oval and rectangle are pine with Watco Danish Oil Medium Walnut. It is a present for my Nephew. He gets the oval one I get to keep the Rectangle. The advantage of stack cutting you get to keep one!

post-1535-0-01698900-1436661488_thumb.jpg

post-1535-0-15561600-1436661529_thumb.jpg

Pattern from Sue Mey - http://www.scrollsawartist.com/

Did a double stack cut and put it on two different backgrounds an oval and rectangle. 1/8 Baltic birch with Watco Danish Oil Natural is what I used for the mermaid. The oval and rectangle are pine with Watco Danish Oil Medium Walnut. It is a present for my Nephew. He gets the oval one I get to keep the Rectangle. The advantage of stack cutting you get to keep one!

She's a beauty!You did real good here.! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thanks for all the great comments :)  I have always disliked spiral blades :cry:  but for some types of patterns that is the blade to use. The greatest strength of spirals is the fact that it will cut in any direction. Which is also why I struggle with it. But I am not so afraid of it that I won't use it I just do not have the confidence in my cutting when using them. I have made more firewood then I care to mention using spirals :bored:

I like them both but I like the oval a little better.  Great job on cutting them.  Thanks for sharing them with us.

DW

I agree that is why I am sending my nephew the oval. The rectangle was done knowing it would most likely not be as nice as the oval but I was like what the heck I have two of them so I can do both and see if what I am envisioning is true.