more with the little compound birdhouses....for KEVIN....:+}

danny

WAYNE..SHEILA LANDRY PATTERNS. 

Thanks to ALL for your meaningful comments.  When I get some color or each and 3 coats of Lacquere

they will LOOK GREAT.  Sold them LAST YEAR for the FIRST TIME.  I asked for input on a good

selling price and MOST said $3 toi $4.00.  I sold ALL AT $3.00.  Went fast.  TO ME I kind of feel with

what goes into making one the price should be higher.

Dan (dgman) you sell them.  Whats your selling price lately?                   Later.............Danny  :+}

They all look good Danny, I used to sell them a few years ago when they first came out in the CWW&C mag. I sold them for six dollars each, or, two for ten and I never had enough. As for painting them, personally, I think the little houses should only be treated with a lacquer, or, varnish finish. If you want to add a bit of color, paint just the birds. Gayle Mortenson, on the Scrollers Cafe showed some just the other day with only the birds painted they looked fantastic.

Len

Very nicely done Danny.  Those little bird houses are fun to make.  If you take one of the round headed birds and put a comb on the top of its head and cut to from cedar or paint it red it would be a Cardinal or paint it blue and it could be a blue jay.  It's fun to see what variations one can come up with.  As for price.... if they all sold fast for $3 then bump them to $4.50 or do something like individually $4.50. 2 for $8.  Everyone likes getting a deal.  Great job on those bird houses btw.  Thanks for sharing them with us.

DW

Gee reading all these  Wonderful Posts makes me just feel so Proud to be a part of this Scroll Saw Family.  Thank Everyone

for there comments and suggestions.  Will take all to heart....

Well I have always thought of Sheila as the designer of all these compound cuts I have been doing.  I have ordered SO, SO MANY

different patterns in the past years.  Sorry for incorrect advice.  Danny  :+}