I remember this discussion in the past

heppnerguy

I remember not too long ago there was a question posted that read something like,'How do you sign your work ?. There were lots of different answers, from I do not sign anything to I purchased a wood  burning tool that has my signature on it.  Some used regular ball point pens, others used sharpies and some burned their names into their pieces by hand with a small point on the wood burning pen. All these methods worked, some nicer looking than others. some just didn't like signing their pieces at all. For me, personally, I only sign the ones that I have a request to do that, or if it is a really difficult piece for me and I am quite proud of the fact that I 'actually did that'. I have made of a friend with one of our members and I made a cutting of his avatar and sent it to him because i thought he might enjoy it. His response to me was,,,,he sent me some extremely nice stick on metal labels that I instantly became very fond of. I think that a lot of you would agree with me that these labels are very professional and only ad to the quality of the work they are put on. The clock I made for my wife last Valentines Day was one of my greatest accomplishments, as far as I was concerned and I was so glad to put one of these labels on it. I think you too would enjoy using them especially after you have a close look at them. The photos I am enclosing really do not show the quality of the labels beauty but I think you will get a good Idea of what I am talking about when you look at it. These labels are not something that you would place on most craft show pieces but rather on a special gift for someone.. You can find these for sale in the forum under the 'HOT DEALS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS' tab. I think you will agree that they are a must have item. they sell for $20 for 5 of them and $3 shipping.  Every time you purchase them, a part of the purchase goes directly to the support of Scroll Saw Village. 

I showed the Valentines clock so you could see how the name sign does nothing to distract from the work, only put a credit label on your piece in a professional way.  GO CHECK THEM OUT

Dick

heppnerguy 

post-2238-0-55484000-1437259565_thumb.jpg

post-2238-0-10893300-1437259584_thumb.jpg

Edited by heppnerguy

Because of Religious reasons (I'm a Devout Cheapskate), I print my own on plain paper. Exact shape as yours, but thin one outline, surrounded by a thicker outline.

Go to Word (drawing) - Shapes - Auto Shapes.

"From the Workshop of

Jerry Herold."

Each line is a different font with the top line smaller.

A thin layer of wood glue to attach.

jerry

Thank You Dick for the nice comments.  I am glad you like the plaques.

Like I stated earlier, I am only doing these for my fellow villagers, and to help out with some donations to SSV.   Just a little something special for that special piece.

Personally I am not so sure I would like gluing a piece of printed paper on a special piece that I worked so hard on, to finish it off.  To each their own....

Hope everyone has a blessed day.

I remember not too long ago there was a question posted that read something like,'How do you sign your work ?. There were lots of different answers, from I do not sign anything to I purchased a wood  burning tool that has my signature on it.  Some used regular ball point pens, others used sharpies and some burned their names into their pieces by hand with a small point on the wood burning pen. All these methods worked, some nicer looking than others. some just didn't like signing their pieces at all. For me, personally, I only sign the ones that I have a request to do that, or if it is a really difficult piece for me and I am quite proud of the fact that I 'actually did that'. I have made of a friend with one of our members and I made a cutting of his avatar and sent it to him because i thought he might enjoy it. His response to me was,,,,he sent me some extremely nice stick on metal labels that I instantly became very fond of. I think that a lot of you would agree with me that these labels are very professional and only ad to the quality of the work they are put on. The clock I made for my wife last Valentines Day was one of my greatest accomplishments, as far as I was concerned and I was so glad to put one of these labels on it. I think you too would enjoy using them especially after you have a close look at them. The photos I am enclosing really do not show the quality of the labels beauty but I think you will get a good Idea of what I am talking about when you look at it. These labels are not something that you would place on most craft show pieces but rather on a special gift for someone.. You can find these for sale in the forum under the 'HOT DEALS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS' tab. I think you will agree that they are a must have item. they sell for $20 for 5 of them and $3 shipping.  Every time you purchase them, a part of the purchase goes directly to the support of Scroll Saw Village. 

I showed the Valentines clock so you could see how the name sign does nothing to distract from the work, only put a credit label on your piece in a professional way.  GO CHECK THEM OUT

Dick

heppnerguy

Gorgeous Piece. I too really like your label. Simple but elegant in it's simplicity.

I have an ink stamp for applying my name directly on the project but have not used it in a long time now. I now use a sticker with my logo, email address, phone number, and name on it.  Not as cheap as using the stamp, but it can be removed by the buyer if they want.  I sell well over four hundred items a year, and most are given as gifts, so "signing" them is good to generate any repeat business.