Thanks Gordie

dgman

My thanks to my buddy Gordie for this great pattern! 1/4" Mahogany and 1/2" Mahogany backer painted black. Cut with a Flying Dutchman FD UR #1, stack cut two layers.

Soaked in a 50/50 mixture of boiled linseed oil and mineral spirits and a topcoat of Deft semi gloss spray lacquer. Three coats, with no sanding between coats because it didn't need it.post-23695-0-18833700-1438473538_thumb.jpg

P.S. For those that don't know who the Kings are, they are a professional Hocky team from Los Angles.

Edited by dgman

A most Excellent job Gordie, :thumbs: :thumbs: How did the Kings do this yr.Being from Tenn,I kept up with The Preditors.

The Kings were the Stanley Cup defending champs. They made it to the first round of the play offs, but that's it.

Thanks for all the comments!

dgman, yea they are a LA hockey time but didn't the loose to the Blackhawks. Just kidding I.m in Canyon Country not far from you. Good to see another scroller from this neck of the woods.

Great pattern and job on cutting it.

jim

penquin

Hey Jim, yup they lost to the Chicago Blackhawks but they did win two Stanley Cups in three years!

Do you ever get to the Woodcraft store in Ventura? I know it's about an hour from Canyon Country. Although I don't work there, I do teach scroll saw there. I have a lot of pieces on display there.

Edited by dgman