puzzel saw blades

amazingkevin

Goodevening group! I tryed my first puzzel making with a daugshut dog. used a 26 tooth blade.It left much to be desired fron 1/4" plywood, went up to 32, teeth that was better but still not to my liking.Is there a rule of thumb for thickness of wood,type of wood,etc .Let me know .The 32 tooth blade was like a thread,i can't imagine useing smaller but maybe.Please and thank you. :)

I used the puzzle blades from Mike and they are very good. I was also advised by puzzle maker Carter Johnson to use poplar plywood because it's easier on the blades. What a difference. I did some postcard sized puzzles with 1/4" birch plywood and went through 3 blades. When I used the 1/4" poplar plywood I used just 1 blade. That's my 2 pennies.

Thanks for the replys ,as i know nothing about puzzels.I'm getting more and more orders for "i love my....type of dog and with silhouette of said dog.I'm getting in big trouble doing this now because i dont't have enough varieties of dog silouettes to work from. I searched the net and came up with a few but nothing i could use.Any body have any clues.I was using STEVE GOOD'S dog patterns but he only gave a few to work from.This is fun work and seeing the smiles on their faces is exzilerating.They look at it so intens :) ely i think their looking thru it.Don't know why they are looking at it so hard.But by the smile i guess it's all good!Please and thank you....!post-2756-134955528017_thumb.jpgpost-2756-134955528038_thumb.jpg

Carter put me on to Mike's puzzle blades and 1/4 poplar plywood. They make the process sooooo much easier than using #2/0 blades with other kinds of plywood. Although I have found that if you can find the laminated hardwood flooring in pieces large enough for post cards, that they make awesome puzzles. The only problem with the laminated hardwood flooring is the wear and breakage of the blades with the laminated flooring, but the flooring cuts clean with strong keys and key ways.