New Feature...CHAT ROOM!

Travis

I'm happy to announce the newest feature to Scroll Saw Village. You asked for it, and here it is. A live scroll saw chat room! You can find the chat room here or by selecting "Chat" in the navigation bar above. You can discuss your latest projects, exchange tips, get live help, or share your day's adventures! Be sure to tell your scrolling friends about it. A live chat room isn't much fun without others joining in the fun!

Right now, we're going to schedule Thursdays 7pm MST as the official chat time each week. I'm hoping that if we have a specific time, more folks would be inclined to participate. This will be an open chat where we can gather to discuss whatever is on your mind. Once a month, we'll have something a bit more structured. Sometimes we'll have special guests, other times we'll pick a topic to discuss. This will usually go for an hour or so, then the rooms will be opened back up for an open chat. And lastly, the chat room will remain open 24/7 for any other chats. It will be hit-or-miss, as folks tend to pop in and out throughout the day. Sometimes folks will be chatting, other times it will be empty. The open 24/7 is an experiment for now. If we find that nobody uses it, it detracts from our scheduled chats, or if spammers take advantage of it, we may have find alternatives.

Finally, some technical notes. The chat room is not tied with your forum account. You don't need to register to participate in the chat room, but if you want to reserve your username, it would be a good idea to register your name. You can do so on the chat page. It's not complicated, but you do have to jump through a couple hoops. Be sure to read ALL of the instructions, and the entire email that is sent to your inbox. Let me know if you run into any problems and I'd be glad to help. I'll be putting together complete instructions in the near future.

Jump in and have some fun! :thumbs:

My security won't let me install the applet from an unsigned publisher. :confused: I most assuredly need and want to chat 24 /7I have the password ,signed up .an d jumped the hoops and rand in circles put can't get in.You allso said we don't have to sign in?Not to user friendly for me, but usually you gotta tell me twice.I' m ready too chat but can't. Guess i'll have to wait for the instuctions in braille.lol :)

My security won't let me install the applet from an unsigned publisher. :confused: I most assuredly need and want to chat 24 /7I have the password ,signed up .an d jumped the hoops and rand in circles put can't get in.You allso said we don't have to sign in?Not to user friendly for me, but usually you gotta tell me twice.I' m ready too chat but can't. Guess i'll have to wait for the instuctions in braille.lol :)

Most computer security systems will ask if you trust an application. All you have to do is say yes and it adds it to the "safe list." Since every computer system is different, I'm afraid I won't be able to troubleshoot that for you.

As far as not having to sign up, that is correct. Once the app has loaded, all you have to do is type in the name you want to be known as and you'll be logged in under that name. If someone else has that name already registered, it will ask for a password. If not, you'll be able to use that name for that session or until someone else registers it.

Hopefully you'll get your blocker figured out. We'd love to have you.