Grey Owl

terrylee

I finally finish the old grey owl today.I lost count on the time it took me get it done.Anyone out there can tell me what kind of price I should put on it ? Is there markey for a piece like this ? I gotten the pattern as a birthday giftattachicon.gifDSC03284.JPG

Personally ,"just  the tail" i'd feel $250 is a good price .Now the rest of the bird is way more work than the tail, so probably in the thousands would be my call for this museum  quality bird.The intarsia's I've done and kept track of my time ,it boiled down to $5.00 a piece for all the work involved ,which is a lot work for each piece.Anyone not familiar with doing intarsia should try a small one ,maybe 5 pieces and see just how long it takes to get it right

I recieved this pattern right as it came out. It is what i consider a normal size piece and would price it at about $3 per piece of wood in it.

Small intarsia - I price at $25-$50 depending on the cmplexity of the piece

Normal or Average size pieces - I price at $3 per piece of wood

Large pieces depending on the compexity & size of the idividual pieces of wood - $4-$5 per piece

Extra large pieces - are Time ($10 an hour) plus material.

Commissioned pieces are at mimumin $5 per piece of wood.

I pretty much only do intarsia. The commissioned piece I'm doing right now would fall into the extra large range but it is also a commissioned piece so I went with my commision pricing- 360 pieces - $1800- and the gentleman only asked how soon can he get it. 

I would never like to price something like that, I would be too scared.  It is certainly worth more that I would get for it around here I know that.  You have put a lot of effort into it sit and enjoy it for a while, it looks magnificent.

Marg

I just got back on a short vacation to see my brother that live in Ark.I took this grey owl to my brother to show him and I came back with no grey owl.My sister in law grab that one and I just gave to her because she be married to my brother for 50 years in Nov of this year.It made a nice gift I think 

I just got back on a short vacation to see my brother that live in Ark.I took this grey owl to my brother to show him and I came back with no grey owl.My sister in law grab that one and I just gave to her because she be married to my brother for 50 years in Nov of this year.It made a nice gift I think

That's a great ending to a beautiful piece of work.