Posting Pictures & Patterns

Travis

I'd like to throw out a little housekeeping reminder. Once a month, I go through the Pattern Library and the past month's User Galleries and organize the patterns & pictures. I do this to keep things organized and tidy so we can find what we're looking for quickly and efficiently. It's a big task with the shear number of photos in the User Gallery/Pattern Library (2300+ pix). If you can help me out and keep these organizational guidelines in mind when posting pictures or patterns.

Patterns are not allowed in personal User Gallery albums. Its much too difficult to know if its a duplicate, or if it really belongs in the Pattern Library. Besides, keeping patterns in User Albums makes them much too hard to find when someone is looking for a particular pattern. If they're organized by subject in the Pattern Library, it is much easier to find and more likely to be cut. Patterns in User Galleries will be moved to the Pattern Library and duplicate patterns will be removed.

When uploading pictures, make sure you're posting them to your own personal User Gallery and not to the New Patterns album. The New Patterns album is reserved for patterns only. If you haven't created your own personal User Gallery or need help, [tut]you can find a tutorial here[/tut] that will walk you through the process.

And lastly, whenever possible, upload your pictures to your personal User Gallery and use the BB Code to share your picture in the forums. This is the best way to share your pictures. It keeps things organized and we're not double-posting the same pictures as attachments. You can find a [tut]tutorial on how to use the User Gallery BB Code here.[/tut]

Thanks for your help, y'all. :thumbs: