Dewalt 788 air blower location, switched sides

crupiea

Had the saw for a couple years now and the air blower tube is on the left side so it always seems to be in the way, of course when I am in the tightest turns it will be bugging me.  You know how that is.

Got to looking at it this morning and realized that you can swap sides on the tube by simple taking out the two allen head screws holding it on, rotating it to the other side and putting the screws back in.

Works great on right side now!!

Only took me about 3 years to figure it out too. that is some sort of record, not so much a good record but a record.

Edited by crupiea

No, I have a pretty low set up so dont need the lifter.

Funny story, I figured I could make my own lifter.  used to scroll in the garage right under the garage door.  Got to thinking that if I installed a hook in the garage door, then routed a bungee cord from the hook to the saw arm it would work great and it did, the first time. Dont have my saw connected to a table, just sits on top.

Went to close up shop for the day, slammed down the garage door and heard something slam against it from the inside.

Seems I forgot to unhook the bungee cord from the arm.  opened the door back up and the saw was just swinging in the breeze dangling from the bungee.