Clock

oldhudson

This is a birthday present for a friend. He got his pilots license last year. The pattern is mostly Steve Good's. I simply modified it by adding a clock. I didn't add anything to the pic for scale but the whole thing is 8-9 inches wide.

The base stock is 1" cedar left over from a potting bench project and the cut was 1/8" BB. I had the based extend 1/4" from the cutting creating a 'framed' look. I stained the base with General Finishes - Java and gave the whole thing 3 coats of rattle can lacquer. The clock was from Kockit and 3" quartz.

I'm not nearly as good at cutting as many of you. In particular the letters are pretty marginal but the planes came out I thought. I decided to let my friend decide if he wanted this on a desk/table or hanging so there's a saw tooth hanger and little stands that are doweled but not glued. It sits on a 10° angle.

Thanks for looking. Comments/suggestions welcome.

post-18045-0-52504600-1440263994_thumb.jpgpost-18045-0-79204200-1440264027_thumb.jpgpost-18045-0-25056000-1440264102_thumb.jpg

Edited by oldhudson

This is a birthday present for a friend. He got his pilots license last year. The pattern is mostly Steve Good's. I simply modified it by adding a clock. I didn't add anything to the pic for scale but the whole thing is 8-9 inches wide.

The base stock is 1" cedar left over from a potting bench project and the cut was 1/8" BB. I had the based extend 1/4" from the cutting creating a 'framed' look. I stained the base with General Finishes - Java and gave the whole thing 3 coats of rattle can lacquer. The clock was from Kockit and 3" quartz.

I'm not nearly as good at cutting as many of you. In particular the letters are pretty marginal but the planes came out I thought. I decided to let my friend decide if he wanted this on a desk/table or hanging so there's a saw tooth hanger and little stands that are doweled but not glued. It sits on a 10° angle.

Thanks for looking. Comments/suggestions welcome.

attachicon.gifPilots314.jpgattachicon.gifPilots316.jpgattachicon.gifPilots315.jpg

This project sets the standards for great contrasts,Exceptionally styled and artistically fabricated,This one looks so good,i'd buy it just to admire what a well done projects supposed to look like! ;):thumbs::D:thumbs:;):thumbs::lol::thumbs::cool::thumbs: