changing fuse on 788

rdatelle

Nice pics and in 1st photo is a almost extint tool a screwdriver that is made in usa !

Yup, it's a Craftman screw driver from Sears. Actually, every new DeWalt saw comes with a tool to open the fuse box. It's in the box, but the manual doesn't say what it's used for, and most folks toss in the trash, or if they save it, don't remember where they put it. DAHIKT.

dgman, I changed the fuse but it doesn't work. Not sure what the problem is now.

It's probably the switch. If you have a compressor try blowing air into the switch while rocking the switch off and on. If that doesn't do it, you will need to remove the switch. If you can do that, I'll walk you through taking the switch apart to clean it.

A lot of folks tape the switch in the on position and use a foot switch. Personally, I don't like using a foot switch so I deal with cleaning the switch when needed.

Ok Ralph, try this. First unplug the saw. Open up the cover that houses the controls. Unplug the connectors on the switch. Using electrical tape, tape the two connectors together making sure the are touching each other. Plug the saw in. If it runs, the problem is with the switch. If not, it's time to take it in.

On Monday I will write a tutorial on how to take the switch apart and clean it.

dgman, It's not blowing fuses. I took the switch apart and blew it out. Still not working. Plugged it into different outlets with no luck. Hope it's not the motor. I'll have to take it in to the DeWalt repair center Tuesday and see what's going on.  I might just upgrade to an excalibur 21 inch. The lowest price I've seen so far was $899.00 with stand and foot pedal and free shipping.