Gros Morne National Park - Newfoundland

Southern Scroller

Hey Dennis, nice cutting! I do see some splintering and chip out. What blades are you using?

Yes, you do see some splintering and chip out.  It's not the fault of the blades.  More like the saw operator.  Also the puzzle has not yet been cleaned up.  I do that after the chief puzzle tester (wife) puts it together so lots of sawdust and teensy little pieces parts.    I had some trouble with a few cuts but the absolute biggest problem is me not listening to that little voice that says, "Hey, change this blade now or else!"  The zoomed photos show a lot of little things I'd rather not see.   :cry:  The chief tester says they are tight and go together well.  She might be humoring me. 

The blades are the finest made - FD-SP, Flying Dutchman Superior Puzzle blades.

Thanks all for the kind words.  

I've been asked to cut two family portrait puzzles for Christmas gifts.  Never done any cutting to sell.  It will be a first.  They'll both be 11x14 printed on heavy photo paper.  I should have them by late October.  Time to practice more.   

Jim - Yes, it is a great feeling.  Looking to do bigger puzzles with smaller pieces.  

Edited by Southern Scroller

Yes, you do see some splintering and chip out.  It's not the fault of the blades.  More like the saw operator.  Also the puzzle has not yet been cleaned up.  I do that after the chief puzzle tester (wife) puts it together so lots of sawdust and teensy little pieces parts.    I had some trouble with a few cuts but the absolute biggest problem is me not listening to that little voice that says, "Hey, change this blade now or else!"  The zoomed photos show a lot of little things I'd rather not see.   :cry:  The chief tester says they are tight and go together well.  She might be humoring me. 

The blades are the finest made - FD-SP, Flying Dutchman Superior Puzzle blades.

Thanks all for the kind words.  

I've been asked to cut two family portrait puzzles for Christmas gifts.  Never done any cutting to sell.  It will be a first.  They'll both be 11x14 printed on heavy photo paper.  I should have them by late October.  Time to practice more.   

Jim - Yes, it is a great feeling.  Looking to do bigger puzzles with smaller pieces.  

Incredible perseverance doing these! Should you be interested in doing even larger puzzles have the photo blown up at a print shop to just about any size you like cheap.There thousands of dollar printers are state of the art in color reproduction.I don't know what your taking pictures with but it's doing a great job.Keep them coming! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)