Between Trivets......Birdhouse Ornaments.....

Scrolling Steve

Took a break from trivets to cut some birdhouse ornaments, patterns by Diana Thompson, Several of you folks had posted some of these and i decided to give it a try...Loved cutting these little guys , some from walnut, basswood, and poplar......I think  i cut about 20 of them for Christmas gifts......used a #5 FDUR blade....Thanks for looking.

post-23573-0-86661800-1442495394_thumb.jpg

Took a break from trivets to cut some birdhouse ornaments, patterns by Diana Thompson, Several of you folks had posted some of these and i decided to give it a try...Loved cutting these little guys , some from walnut, basswood, and poplar......I think  i cut about 20 of them for Christmas gifts......used a #5 FDUR blade....Thanks for looking.

These really tickle me Elmo, I've no idea why  but maybe because they are miniatures? I'm contemplating to long on doing some ,might just not happen.The Ark out front of the house is beginning to float as it's been rain so much.This variety you've done is incredible.What a wondrous way to utilize scraps!Keep them coming! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Very nicely done Steve.  A couple of seasons back when those bird houses came out there were some real interesting variations to them.  Some folks put a little bit of that dried grass in the hole, like a nest.  Others cut different bird shapes, Robin, Cardinal, Sparrow, etc.  Yours came out great.  Thanks for sharing them with us.

DW