Variable speed controller

Out for a Scroll

I have a Delta SS 200 saw that I got for $25 and it seems to be in great condition.

However I would like to have variable speed control and I was wondering if the

"Router speed controller" that Harbor freight has would work with the saw.

Prefer not to damage the saw motor inadvertently by doing something stupid...

Thanks.

Welcome to the village Out for a scroll, I see that you didn't post much info about yourself the info section of your avatar space. In time I hope you feel comfortable enough to let us know your first name, and possibly where you live. It makes it easier to talk to a person if you know their name, and it makes it easier to understand what a person is talking about if you know where they live. There's no rule that says that you have to share this info, but, it does make it easier for us to get to know you.

Len

The vairable speed contoler from Harbor freight is inexpensive and I think it will work on any universial motor.  (A motor that has brushes)  I use one on my single speed router and it is still working after four years.  If I were you, and had a brushed motor, I would try the harbor freight controller and monitor the motor to see that it does not get too hot. May work out well.