First one!

SDB777

The first attempt.  So much fun seeing something go from 'notepad' and 'paint.net', printed, glued, and then scrolled.  The pieces have been treated with a coat of BLO, allowed to dry before being glued to the 'backer/stand'.  The base is not a snug of a fit as I was hoping...but it'll be 'fixed' and have another base with 'stations' for the duck calls I have turned....a display if you will.

For whatever reason, I can load the photo, but not move it into the main body of the post.  Bummer....

Scott (sorry about the lack of a photo) B

post-27527-0-23054500-1443298831_thumb.jpg

The first attempt.  So much fun seeing something go from 'notepad' and 'paint.net', printed, glued, and then scrolled.  The pieces have been treated with a coat of BLO, allowed to dry before being glued to the 'backer/stand'.  The base is not a snug of a fit as I was hoping...but it'll be 'fixed' and have another base with 'stations' for the duck calls I have turned....a display if you will.

For whatever reason, I can load the photo, but not move it into the main body of the post.  Bummer....

Scott (sorry about the lack of a photo) B

Outstanding looking project the wife cut for you, :rofl:Yeah yeah yeah, you let the cat out of the bag ,you design she cuts!Thanks for showing me what cedar looks like with BLO on in. I have lots of aromatic red cedar and need great project to do with it all and look good.I also have a Jewish double star of david clock i finished but not finished with any coating.I just might try your BLO.Thanks

She just looked at y'alls replies.....

I don't think her head will fit through the door(I also just got punched in the arm for typing this).

The first one is sitting in the light tent and I've taken far too many photo's to showcase the duck calls I make on the lathe.  Sure is nice to have a great background to highlight the 'product' with!

Scott (needs a band-aid) B