had request about 5 hours ago

heppnerguy

I had a request from a person for an item do to her loss of you her daughter. (hence the name,'Jewel' on the cross. I was told she and her daughter really liked dragon flies so she wanted something with her daughter's name and a dragon fly combination. This is the pattern she decided she liked, I just added the name in place of some leafy ornamentation. I just send her a copy of this photo for her approval. I hope it works for her

Dick

heppnerguy

Very good research Dick,You hit it !

Very nice. Can I ask where the cross pattern came from. I think I would like to try it.

you can find this pattern on Sue Mey's web page at     www.scrollsawartist.com      She will upload it to yourcomputer in about one minute after you order.  Good luck, If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask me.

Dick

heppnerguy

Dick, why would you cut it out before getting approval from the customer? She will probably fall in love with the piece, it's beautiful! But,there is always the chance that she may not like it, what would you do with it then? On most things I cut that is a special order, I always ask for 50% of the actual cost up front. That way I don't usually get stuck with a piece that I don't want. For this piece, I wouldn't charge her anything, I give these types of cuts to the people who ask for them. I do that because, it makes me feel good by making them feel good.

Len

Dick, why would you cut it out before getting approval from the customer? She will probably fall in love with the piece, it's beautiful! But,there is always the chance that she may not like it, what would you do with it then? On most things I cut that is a special order, I always ask for 50% of the actual cost up front. That way I don't usually get stuck with a piece that I don't want. For this piece, I wouldn't charge her anything, I give these types of cuts to the people who ask for them. I do that because, it makes me feel good by making them feel good.

Len

I did get the approval for this pattern, but sometimes I feel like, even though it was their pick, the end results may not be what they were expecting to see. So just to be sure, before I send it to them, I get a confirmation. If anyone is in anyway, not fully satisfied with something they get from  me, I will either refund their money or remake it for them. I do not want anyone to feel they need to pay for something they really would not buy if they were to see it in person. As far as the 50 % up front costs go, I am not worried about that because even if I sent something to someone and I received no pay for it, I am usually out such a small amount of material costs that it would not be worth the hassle to worry about it. So far, I have never had anyone tr to burn me. People are worth way more than the money I may be out if they did not pay me. 

I do give away a lot of my work to people that I know, of is someone in the community that has a baby or gets married or loses a loved one. When someone contacts me because they are looking for something special to give to a friend of theirs, for the above reasons, I  am honored they think my work worthy of consideration but it is a gift from them and not me and they would have purchased something else for them had they not seen what i do, so I do charge them for my work. I respect you attitude on this and I want you to know that I donate to any fund raiser that I think I can help with my scrolling or intarsia. Every year I donate several pieces and volunteer them to people I have not even met. I sell only requests and do not do craft sales or really push my work. I try to only get enough money to buy my supplies so as to not turn my hobby into a work thing

Dick

heppnerguy

Edited by heppnerguy

I did get the approval for this pattern, but sometimes I feel like, even though it was their pick, the end results may not be what they were expecting to see. So just to be sure, before I send it to them, I get a confirmation. If anyone is in anyway, not fully satisfied with something they get from  me, I will either refund their money or remake it for them. I do not want anyone to feel they need to pay for something they really would not buy if they were to see it in person. As far as the 50 % up front costs go, I am not worried about that because even if I sent something to someone and I received no pay for it, I am usually out such a small amount of material costs that it would not be worth the hassle to worry about it. So far, I have never had anyone tr to burn me. People are worth way more than the money I may be out if they did not pay me. 

I do give away a lot of my work to people that I know, of is someone in the community that has a baby or gets married or loses a loved one. When someone contacts me because they are looking for something special to give to a friend of theirs, for the above reasons, I  am honored they think my work worthy of consideration but it is a gift from them and not me and they would have purchased something else for them had they not seen what i do, so I do charge them for my work. I respect you attitude on this and I want you to know that I donate to any fund raiser that I think I can help with my scrolling of intarsia. Every year I donate several pieces and volunteer them to people I have not even met. I sell only requests and do not do craft sales or really push my work. I try to only get enough money to buy my supplies so as to not turn my hobby into a work thing

Dick

heppnerguy

I really like your philosophy.
Never change. :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs: