SCROLLING A LITTLE HERE AN THERE

amazingkevin

Kevin, you might want to treat that wood panel to a coating of prestain, I've used panels like that before and the stain went on real blotchy and uneven. Now when I use those panels (which isn't very often) I use a product put out by Min-Wax called Prestain. It conditions the wood so that the stain goes on evenly, and you don't end up with different shades of stain. It makes it so that the stain looks the same on the end cuts as well as on the face of the wood. It might not work though, if your looking for a real dark color stain, you would have to try it out on a scrap piece of wood.

Len

Kevin, you might want to treat that wood panel to a coating of prestain, I've used panels like that before and the stain went on real blotchy and uneven. Now when I use those panels (which isn't very often) I use a product put out by Min-Wax called Prestain. It conditions the wood so that the stain goes on evenly, and you don't end up with different shades of stain. It makes it so that the stain looks the same on the end cuts as well as on the face of the wood. It might not work though, if your looking for a real dark color stain, you would have to try it out on a scrap piece of wood.

Len

I very much agree with this. I will even go further and say use it with any softwoods or large grain patterns.

Len

Love the tip Len, i need all the help i can get as if it's not cutting ,i'm in the dark,staing,painting,varnishing,etc!

Awesome Kevin.  Hope that Eagle survives the trip.  You will need to package it extra well, the mail gets a bit rougher south of us.  Keep up the great work my friend.

DW

Thanks DW, My heart was on edge cutting the 30" wingspan in soft wood.The wings were really fluttering and trying to take off the dewalt.It was faning so much i could turn my fan off ,lol Yeah, i was thinking the same really bundle it up for shipping.

Nice stuff Kevin,love the mug....Soon you will have a whole flock of eagles.

The eagles cut quick but i'm not having fun doing the bigger ones .I have to sit and cut and really have to back away from the machine on lots of cuts.Good thing i'm tall with long arms.Thanks Gordie, I'll need a coup soon for all the birds i've done!

Hi Kevin, Very nice project you got there! They look really nice with the bright colours!

And another Eagle is about to take off! Thanks for the photo's, Bob  ;)  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Hi Kevin, Very nice project you got there! They look really nice with the bright colours!

And another Eagle is about to take off! Thanks for the photo's

And another Eagle is about to take off! Thanks for the photo's, Bob 

Thanks Bob if it would have been me i would have painted the tail feathers too but the customers always right